Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Strategy and International Expansion team at M-PESA Africa.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. Since its inception in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer over 50 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
M-Pesa Africa is now making strides to deepen and strengthen its offering to consumers and businesses in our operating countries as well as expand into new markets (off-footprint markets), thus enabling more customers to have access to mobile money and all the associated benefits.
As the Business development manager, you will be working within the strategy and international expansion, and across various teams at MPESA team to identify strategic partners for off-footprint market entry in various countries, and to drive partner engagement. The Business development manager will support and coordinate the evaluation of potential markets and partners providing direction to the strategy and international expansion team, as well as the Commercial director and other technical leads both at group and local level. The ideal candidate will also supervise input from various advisors and provide a holistic analysis of various opportunities.
Role purpose and responsibilities:
Identify strategic partners for off-footprint market entry in each country and drive partner engagement
- Work with the strategy manager to conduct research on the various markets and ensure that the team has a sound understanding of the market dynamics and the strategic agenda.
- Develop commercial terms/ partnership structure and roadmap.
Generate opportunities and pursue potential leads while managing overall relationship building with various stakeholders
- Define key commercial indicators for the partner engagements and sign off with the relevant MPA leadership.
- Manage partner acquisition process from prospecting to product launch. Including proposal development, due diligence, as well as contract management support and implementation of go to market (GTM) strategy, focusing on key differentiators that are specific to MPA.
- Build strong networks within Vodafamily companies and outside to support partnership acquisition process
- Positively represent the company to potential partners and government agencies towards expanding into new markets.
- Have a sound understanding of the critical success factors for MPA and the identified off-footprint markets and apply them accordingly.
- Coordinate and manage any relevant consultancies and engagements required to achieve the overall objective.
- Meet specific business relationship goals for MPA in off footprint markets and report and measure progress against quarterly goals. Manage business opportunities of assigned accounts to ensure MPA is positioned to capitalize on opportunities by providing solutions which meet the customer needs and grow the customer base.
- Define operating model covering key resources/ assets and MPA resources/ assets to ensure end-to-end process measurement and management
- Ensure that customer journey design, product design, and channel design are integrated to establish optimal customer experience and smooth implementation
- Manage business KPIs, partner support, training and knowledge sharing post launch until partner lead is onboarded.
- Document management
- Ensure all important documents are placed on the team document management system.
Competencies, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated business development consulting experience including the management of government accounts and proposal development.
- Strong understanding of mobile internet technology and specifically of the mobile money product(s) and the critical success factors.
- Previous experience building and managing cross functional teams.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence, and results.
- Experience developing and leading relationship building activities with executives and government agencies.
- Experience with emerging market consumers, and multicultural sensitivity
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, driving new or on-going business opportunities.
- Ability to travel regularly.
Primary Location : Kenya
Job : Administrator
Organization : Safaricom
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time Day Job
Job Posting : Jul 13, 2022, 9:56:55 AM