Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance & Administrative Assistant
Chief Finance Officer
Founded in 2011, Mara Elephant Project’s (MEP) mission is to protect elephants and their habitats across the Greater Mara Ecosystem in Kenya. We employ local Kenyan men and women as rangers and researchers to combat poaching, habitat loss and promote co- existence.
Mara Elephant Project is looking for a finance & administrative assistant to assist the MEP Nairobi office in the day-to-day functions. The position’s primary goal is to assist with the execution of office support and administrative functions so that the organization can efficiently and effectively operate. These tasks are achieved via a range of administrative, financial and operational tasks and are crucial in ensuring the smooth running of MEP activities on a day-to-day basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE:
• Verify all payments for accuracy and submit to CFO for review.
• Maintain up to date accounting and financial records in respect to all transactions and ensure documents are correctly filed and secure.
• Responsible for entering financial information into the accounting system
• Ensure all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with IFRS for SME’s
• Manage petty cash transactions as per the approved petty cash policy
• Assist the CFO in preparing monthly management accounts.
• Assist the CFO in maintaining an accurate and up to date fixed asset register for the organization
• Assist the CFO in preparation of annual external audit
• Assist the CFO in ensuring statutory deductions are filed in a timely manner
• Identify and solve any accounting discrepancies
• Support the preparation of the MEP’s annual budget
• Provide support in all other financial matters.
• Liaise with the MEP Administrator in ensuring all purchases are aligned to the procurement & payment policy.
• Ensure all purchases are done in a timely manner and sent to MEP HQ
• Ensure that general administrative support as required for the office management is provided.
• Oversee all administrative filing of records and archiving.
• Provide support to the HQ in all other administrative and logistics matters.
• Ensure the proper management of staff files in the Nairobi office.
• Receive all MEP related supplies in the Nairobi office in readiness for dispatch to HQ
• Co-ordinate staff travel and accommodation.
• Check and inspect goods received and ensure they are of accurate quantity, specifications and acceptable and record any damaged, faulty/missing goods.
• Ensure all vehicles are properly registered, inspected and insured
• Ensure all MEP insurance policies are valid and up to date
Procurement and Logistics
• Undertake all actions necessary to ensure procurement, delivery, maintenance and repair of equipment and supplies, in accordance with budgetary plans and allocation.
• Obtain approvals from the CEO through the CFO on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization and ensure these complies with donor agreements.
• To ensure all purchases are supported by an approved procurement request form
• Organize for the purchase and delivery of goods to support the office and its work.
• Ensure that all logistics and stores paperwork is properly completed and stored (e.g., delivery notes, goods received note).
• Provide advice and guidance to all staff in the office with respect to administrative instructions, procedures, processes, and practices.
• Liaising with the CEO on any duties allocated
• Liaising with the CFO on any duties allocated
• Assist the CFO in managing the Nairobi office
• Keep abreast of tax related developments
• Undertake any other duties that may be requested
PREFERED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce/Finance or Business Management/Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Minimum of 2 years of progressive financial and administrative responsibility
• CPA part II minimum will be an added advantage
• Excellent knowledge and hands on experience in using computerized financial accounting systems such as Sage Pastel
• Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
• Must have proficiency with computer software such as Ms Excel
• Strong team player with solid communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• High levels of integrity and ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and to multitask.
• Strong self-starting skills.
submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org