Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Seefar is seeking a junior-level Research Analyst with demonstrated experience in conflict-affected developing countries and an interest in our thematic areas of expertise. As a Research Analyst, you will contribute to primary source mixed methods research projects, analyse qualitative and quantitative data, write reports and produce insights for projects and donors globally. As well as being an experienced researcher with technical capacities you will also have exceptional English writing skills. You can be based anywhere in the world, occasional travel may be required.
This is a 6-month, full-time, consultancy position with a salary range of USD 2500 – 3500 per month depending on previous experience.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe.
You can also see examples of our research here on the website to get a sense of the services and themes we specialise in at Seefar, but note that the bulk of our research is unpublished.
This role requires someone who has the skills, knowledge and experience listed under the “Essential criteria” heading below. A strong candidate will also meet one or more of the “Desirable criteria”.
- At least three years of experience in research assignments and consultancies, ideally focused on our thematic areas of expertise and/or on Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience in delivering research from the design through delivery, analysis and reporting phases (including the development of research questions and appropriate data collection methods as well as production of written final reports);
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of quantitative data collection and analysis using data analysis tools (R, Stata, SPSS, and similar);
- Experience overseeing fieldwork;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, with an ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Experience developing and using remote or online data collection tools such as Google Forms, Kobo or AppSheet.
- Experience working remotely;
- Experience with data visualisation, ideally Data Studio, Tableau or Power BI;
- Previous experience working in Sudan.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 80% of your time and attention will be spent:
- Designing and producing mixed methods research projects;
- Designing quantitative and qualitative research tools;
- Training of field officers and monitoring data quality;
- Cleaning data for analysis;
- Analysing mixed methods research outputs using software where required, and producing high quality reports and presentations;
- Preparing research output presentations for internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring donor needs are met and expectations exceeded where possible;
- Conducting other tasks as required.
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 20% of your time and attention will be spent:
- Strengthening Seefar’s research reputation and profile in our areas of interest;
- Building and maintaining contacts and networks with potential supporters. This includes identifying new opportunities, as well as supporting existing fundraising activities.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
How to Apply
On or before July 21, complete our online application form or click on Apply button below. Before you start, you should prepare the following two documents in PDF format. Applicants that do not send both documents will not be considered.
- Your most updated CV, emphasising your M&E work (maximum of three pages)
- An introductory letter that addresses four of the essential selection criteria listed above and two of the desirable selection criteria (if applicable). You should aim to write one short paragraph for each of the selection criteria you picked. Each paragraph should describe how your skills, knowledge and experience fit that criterion. (Maximum of two pages).