Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job : Business Support and Management
Primary Location : Africa & Middle East-Kenya
Schedule : Full-time
Employee Status : Permanent
Posting Date : 12/Jul/2022, 1:32:18 PM
Unposting Date : 27/Jul/2022, 1:59:00 AM
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Effective management & co-ordination of diary(s) including booking of internal & external meetings/appointments (discussion, training, seminars, offsites, interviews, regional staff visits, regulator visit)
- Effective communication with key stakeholders, both internal and external, in coordinating requirements and requests
- Manage high volume of emails and action accordingly or prioritise for urgent attention to ensure timely responses
- Arrange meetings and conference calls (internal and external), including booking of meeting rooms
- Organise travel itineraries including meeting coordination, booking flights and transfers, booking hotel and other facilities, handling visas applications etc.
- Prepare and submit expense claims for reimbursement of business expenses and ensure company policy is adhered to
- Understanding and application of SCB systems – Travel & Expense, eProcurement, RMS, Peoplesoft etc for respective work
- Assist business leader to file and monitor claims, business expenses, accrued expenses for he/she and to monitor direct reports
- Ensure expense claims, ePro and IT requests submitted by direct reports are in order before approval
- Prepare necessary forms for submission to Finance for processing expense claims, accrual and other payments.
- Raise e-procurement for payment made to invoices and tracking of payment status
- Raise RMS for IT requirements, follow up and ensure closure of the requisitions
- Handling of Employee portal system on HR matters and P3 management of Line Manager’s direct reports
- Administrative and logistic support for onboarding new employees
- Admin support for department events and matters
- Monitor attendance/leave plan, work lists and trainings of department
- Maintain departments email distribution lists, generic mailboxes, SharePoint, Shared Folder
- Maintain department files
- Maintain and approve shared drive access
- Approver for door access
- Manage dept visitor passes for short term visitors
- Organise team meetings/offsites, calls and other conferences/workshops
- Ad hoc requests
Our Ideal Candidate
- Personal authority, integrity and ethics;
- Independence, robustness and resilience;
- Working independently with minimal guidance whenever necessary
- Multitasking under pressure whilst remaining calm and professional at all times
- A flexible approach to work and able to work overtime as required
- Good communication skills with strong command of English
- Comfortable dealing with senior management across different countries and cultures
- Reliable, discreet and diplomatic
- Well-organized and disciplined approach to work
- Strong knowledge in using Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment
- Able to multi-task and manage numerous deliverables effectively
- Good working attitude
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers