Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Regional Finance Manager
The Role Summary:
The Regional Finance Manager, in collaboration with World Vision Germany’s team, will manage the wider project financial demands across three countries; Sudan, South Sudan, and Somalia of the German funded German Federation Foreign Office (GFFO) project.
The position holder will support all financial aspects of the GFFO regional project, in the preparation and consolidation of the project’s annual budgets, financial reports for management, donors and partner’s consumption. S/he will be responsible for compiling all project related financial documentation between the three implementation countries and management of World Vision Somalia financial demands of the GFFO budget component.
With cross-border operation and risk associated with Partnering/Sub granting, the position holder will help mitigate any risks that the office is exposed to through this unique business model. The incumbent will assist the Finance & Support Services Director in facilitating initiatives towards integration of finance team with the other stakeholders for ministry effectiveness. This includes carrying out any special tasks that will not affect his/her commitment to the GFFO project.
- GFFO Project Financial Management.
- Risk Management.
- Cash and Liquidity Management.
- External and Internal Audits Management.
- Records Management.
- Others: Finance Staff recruitment, accounts team supervision & capacity building.
- Holder of a Bachelors’ degree (Relevant disciplines preferred e.g. Finance, Economics etc.)
- Qualified Accountant-Minimum CPA-K /ACCA Part3 (finalist)
- Over 5 years grants management knowledge with major bilateral and multilateral donors. Working knowledge with large German donors’ projects is an added advantage.
- Experience in working within a cross country team model desired.
- Team management, and fragile context working experience is required.
- In-depth understanding of project donor guidelines, GAAPs, and financial accounting in fragile context.
- Strong analytical skills and preparation of consolidated grants finance reports.
- Proficiency in Computer applications (Advanced Excel, Sun systems, Word etc)
- Key Donor grants training is an advantage.
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field and countries implementing GFFO project.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only