Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Location(s): Nairobi, Kenya
Categorie(s): Customer Projects & Services
Req ID: 007Z25
Who are we and what do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company that is passionate about its people. Our people vision says, Great people, make Schneider Electric a great company. We are proud to promote purpose, diversity, inclusion, learning and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
Schneider Electric East Africa is looking for a highly motivated technical professional with rich experience to join our energy & Partner Services Business as the Field Service Representative – System protection -E&P) This position will report to Technical Team leader Field Services E&P.
Your Role – Magic happens when you bring great people together!
- Carry out an inspection at client premises and advise customers on best practices, new services, and upgrade opportunities.
- Study drawings and relevant documents and establish the protection and control philosophy of a given system.
- Analytical & Competencies in advanced engineering mathematics to aid in protection manuals.
- Carry out coordination study for a power system and carry out the necessary calculations and implement protection settings.
- Inspection of switchgear and carry out the necessary test as specified by the manufacturer.
- Cold testing of Transformers.
- Cold testing of LV & MV Switchgear.
- Conversant with test equipment and conventional methods of cold testing.
- Preparation of test protocols for the various equipment.
- Able to carry out high-level relay configuration.
- Experienced in the following protection schemes, Line O/C and E/F, Line differential, line distance protection, Tx O/C, E/F, Differential & restricted earth fault, Mv motors & Drives, Bus protection.
- Leads – Looks for other business opportunities outside the current scope of work and lead them to the sales team.
- Remote support to the customer, investigating remotely the origin of the breakdown and submitting fixes.
- Perform basic and advanced audits of customer’s power system network and equipment.
- Data collection at customer site, preparation of detailed technical reports either for site survey or maintenance service.
- Submission of site acceptance documents and get signature from the customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work.
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during service maintenance. Carry out an inspection at client premises and advise customers on best practices, new services, and upgrade opportunities.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipment’s upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Minimum of Diploma / HND in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, and competence pertaining to LV and MV power system equipment and network maintenance, erection, testing and commissioning.
- Training in Scada will be added advantage.
- Training in MV switchgear is added advantage.
- Valid Driving license class BCE and experience.
- At least has 3 – 5 years experience in Technical Field Services role with experience in power systems protection Testing & commissioning.
- Working knowledge of safety industry code for both LV and Mv power systems and other electrical systems and also able to apply safety policies, practices, and procedures in work execution.
- Verifiable hands-on technical work experience in LV system and Mv switchgears.
- High level of technical knowledge of power systems and electrical component theory.
Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company. Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
We offer a wide-ranging reward package that goes far beyond your monthly salary including a generous holiday entitlement, defined contribution pension scheme and a range of supplementary benefits that are market competitive.