Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
OFFICER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – JOB REF: ANU/SUPP/06/22
Responsible for evaluating suppliers in liaison with the bids committee and acquiring of quality products and services, while ensuring that approved purchases are cost-effective and meet the required standards to support the University’s delivery of services to both its external and internal customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop procurement strategy, program, policy, procedures, plan and guidelines
- Overall planning and coordination of the supply chain services
- Establish and manage a suppliers’ master data list by analyzing requests for quotation from various departments, market conditions, present and future material availability and merchandise price. Communicate list of approved preferred suppliers/vendors/ service providers to the management and employees
- Develop and monitor the department annual plan and budget
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy.
- Participate in the tendering bid evaluation process and issuing and awarding of bids
- Lead the contract negation and contract signing with preferred suppliers for future procurement on agreed terms and conditions. Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy and signing memorandum of understanding with approved suppliers for term of delivery, payment and other supply related matters
- Manage vendor and supplier relationships. Liaise with suppliers to clarify issues arising from the supplied product, scope/description, pricing, service level duration stated on contractual terms and conditions of purchase. Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against the procurement amicably or by liaising with the University’s legal team
- Work with internal departments to assess the performance of outsourced agencies/ vendors/ suppliers, and to process the periodic settlement of fees as per pre-established terms and conditions
- Receive and initiate purchase requests from departments across the University and liaise with department heads to determine purchasing needs and specifications
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery. Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Conduct periodic reviews and contractual monitoring to provide assurance of service delivery and report on compliance and delivery performance.
- Set overall methods to control inventory levels including minimum/maximum levels, safety stocks and order polices for various types of materials
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs in liaison with the Accounts clerk, inventory management
- Provide technical advice and reports to management when required
- Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
- Mentor, coach and supervise subordinate staff
- Oversee the disposal process of redundant equipment and excess materials.
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Relevant professional qualification
- Member of a relevant professional body in good standing; KISM or CIPS
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross-functional operational plans
- Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the function
- Business/Financial acumen, business savvy, innovative
- Strategic management skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Negotiation skills
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through the email email@example.com not later than 29th July 2022 enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae with details of current post, salary and other financial benefits, testimonials, certified academic and professional certificates, copy of National Identity Card, names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer). Kindly indicate job title and reference number in the subject of the email. Onlyshortlisted candidates shall be contacted and will be required to provide Clearance Certificates fromHigher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Credit Reference Bureau, Kenya Revenue Authority, and Criminal Investigation Department.
ANU is an equal opportunity employer, and any canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200