Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Administrative Intern – Isiolo – (220000IW)
Duration: ASAP-Initial Six Months.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
The main purpose of this assignment is to provide support to the Kenya/Somalia procurement unit in speeding the implementation of assigned tasks related to vendor engagements, basic office maintenance and supporting procurement processes.
Key roles and responsibilities.
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail, collate and distribute mail/ parcels and consolidating waybills.
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies by placing new needed order.
- Assist in crosschecking purchase orders, invoice and delivery notes of all received supplies within and from Nairobi.
- Updating stock cards and OSR as well as managing staff supply per CRS policy.
- Assist in a managing office revolving equipment’s e.g., tablets. projector, voice recorder, Thermogun, height board, banners etc by updating record of revolving equipment’s and follow up on their return while inspecting conditions and reporting per CRS policy.
- Assist in front office duties welcoming visitors and guiding them.
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly assist in overseeing office cleaners, security and gardener.
- Scheduling meetings and sending meeting invites to attendees (Booking office Boardroom, caritas Boardroom and confirming availability).
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence when instructed.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical whenever required.
- Assist in transport coordination especially local running and assist in consolidation of required documents for payment in case of hired vehicle or Taxi.
- Work with administrative officer to schedule team meetings and to provide follow-ups.
- Support administrative officer in managing and resolving operational issues.
- Any other duty assigned by administrative officer or any program staff.
- Updated asset inventory management and other office equipment including revolving items like project banner, LCD, tablets, Camera, sound recorders etc.
- Properly utilized and managed office equipment’s especially main printer; the Nawiri printers are for small scale production hence the overseeing bulk printing from approved vendors.
- Efficient monitoring and reporting malfunction of office equipments e.g. Low toners, broken-down gadgets etc
- Correspondence management: consolidating all parcels and letters and organizing dispatch and/or collection of correspondences from the different locations.
- Updated bin cards when issuing items from the store to monitor and record consumption rates while informing the Adminstration Officer of stock outs.
- Timely requested office supply request form filled by requestor when requesting for goods already purchased, received, and kept in the store. e.g stationary, kitchen consumables, stationaries, PPE materials) – This is non distribution goods/items
- Updated distribution register for program goods/items: A delivery note, and distribution list is used whenever item handing over is done so ensure above documents are filled, signed, and filed like required to be used t knock off distributed items from one’s locater in the system.
- Well managed local running trips when project vehicles are available, or a vehicle is hired to support local running when project vehicles are away.
- Properly managed asset register while ensuring all the assets are tagged and branded.
Key Working Relationships/Organizations to Meet:
Internal: Country Representative, Head of Offices, Head of Operations, Senior Procurement Officer, Procurement Officer, Program Managers, Finance and Administration Teams
External: Consortium Partners and other vendors as needed
This Administrative Intern is needed as soon as possible and will last for an initial six months.
The position will be based in Isiolo or Marsabit counties respectively with limited travel to the field locations within the two counties if required.Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain, Business Administration, or any other business-related degree.
- Excellent knowledge of CRS and donor commodity compliance standards.
- High integrity.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with limited oversight.
- Excellent computer literacy (familiarity with Office 365, etc.).
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Good knowledge of Insight ERP.
- Professional qualification in purchasing / Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or equivalent certification (preferred)
- Being a resident of Isiolo and/or Marsabit county will be an added advantage.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Clear internship objectives will be developed at the beginning of the internship period, assessed, and monitored on a regular basis, and final appraisal conducted at the end of the internship period to ensure that the intern achieves their learning and development objectives.
The internship program participants will not be entitled to a salary as this is not considered employment. However, they will be provided with a monthly stipend and a medical and Group Personal Accident cover as per HR Compensation provisions.
CRS is under no obligation whatsoever to hire a graduate intern during or after their completion of the internship program.