Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
We work to reduce poverty by strengthening Africa’s financial markets.
Established in 2012 and supported by UK aid, FSD Africa (including FSD Africa investments) is a specialist development agency working to build and strengthen financial markets across sub-Saharan Africa. We work to reduce poverty through a ‘market systems development’ approach, which means we aim to address the structural, underlying causes of poverty by improving how financial market systems function.
We believe that investing in building a financial system that is transparent, stable and accessible creates the conditions for a fair and sustainable future, where inequality is reduced, corruption is tackled, and where individuals, businesses and governments alike are able to prepare for future challenges, from climate change to political instability.
From our headquarters in Nairobi, our team of financial sector experts work alongside governments, business leaders, regulators and policy makers to design and build ambitious programmes that make financial markets work better for everyone. Depending on the project, we can provide a combination of grants, investment capital, market insights or technical assistance to ensure we achieve our objectives.
We focus our work where the need is greatest, and where we believe the potential for impact is the most significant. We have a specific mandate to invest in breakthrough, innovative ideas that we believe can have a transformative impact. By sharing risk with our partners, we’re able to address more difficult, persistent, or higher-risk challenges, in more unstable or fragile geographies, than traditional development finance organizations.
Senior Manager, Partnerships and Campaigns
REPORTS INDIRECTLY TO
Director Strategic Communication
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Partnerships and Campaigns, the Communications Officer (CO) will have key responsibilities in driving the FSD Africa’s digital communications work. The CO will work closely with the Content and Communications Manager to develop eye-catching and innovative content for FSD Africa’s social media channels. The CO will manage a range of activities including setting up and maintaining dedicated digital channels, drafting social media plans and messaging, developing content calendars, and creating engaging online material (e.g., infographics, videos, audios. The CO will also lead in managing and executing FSD Africa’s events.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support in development and implementation of social media strategy ensuring it is current and in tune with new innovations.
- Drafting social media plans and messaging, developing content calendars, and conducting digital campaigns.
- Consulting with external and internal partners for integrated online and offline campaigns.
- Creating engaging online material (e.g., infographics, HTML5, creative imagery, and video content).
- Providing data analysis and evaluation of the FSD Africa’s digital media activities.
- Reviewing innovative technologies and exploring new developments in the digital landscape to ensure the FSD Africa’s communications exploit emerging trends and remain relevant to their audience.
- Weekly briefing of Exco, on social media trends.
- Training of staff on social media best practice.
- Support in the overall management of the FSD Africa website including monitoring of the delivery of service providers’ contracts, reviewing of web content, promotion of website content to increase traffic, and consulting with internal teams to manage their own pages within the global website.
- To cover maintenance work for the FSD Africa’s external website (fsdafrica.org) together with the Web Editor
- Checking and uploading content to the website with accuracy and efficiency.
- Consulting with relevant pillars and units on specific web projects
- Consulting with the different FSD Africa pillar teams for any relevant subjects
Graphics Design and Brand Management
- Manage the inhouse graphic design unit by: Advising and ensuring it is well resourced with relevant software for effective operations and budgeted for in the communication annual budget.
- Completes design projects by coordinating with external graphic design agencies, art services and printers who support in production and delivery of large publications.
- Responsible for the design and preparation of corporate information packs for corporate office and pillar Ensures that content, messaging and branding is current and relevant.
- Prepares and incorporates graphics as needed using Photoshop or other graphic design software.
- Oversee and ensure appropriate representation of FSD Africa’s brand per FSD Africa graphics manual standard guidelines and manage grantee branding requirements.
- Reviews and signs off on all branded materials.
- Oversee and ensure appropriate application of FCDO logo per the FCDO branding manual through sign off on all branded project materials.
- Organize and oversee periodical training of FSD Africa staff, partners and grantees on the FSD Africa graphics
- Supported by the wider team, lead on the organisation of FSD Africa events.
- Produce detailed proposals for FSD Africa events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event planning (for example, venue, catering, travel).
- Managing FSD Africa branding and communication
Covering wider communications work
- To work in the wider Communications team and support other team members when needed during extremely busy period.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of social media and a communications or media environment
- Experience managing large scale events
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Undergraduate Degree Qualification in PR/Communication/IT
- Video and/or photo editing skills.
- Graphic Designing#
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Background in IT
Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service.
Applications are welcome on or before 5.00pm EAT on 29 July 2022