Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
We work to reduce poverty by strengthening Africa’s financial markets.
Established in 2012 and supported by UK aid, FSD Africa (including FSD Africa investments) is a specialist development agency working to build and strengthen financial markets across sub-Saharan Africa. We work to reduce poverty through a ‘market systems development’ approach, which means we aim to address the structural, underlying causes of poverty by improving how financial market systems function.
We believe that investing in building a financial system that is transparent, stable and accessible creates the conditions for a fair and sustainable future, where inequality is reduced, corruption is tackled, and where individuals, businesses and governments alike are able to prepare for future challenges, from climate change to political instability.
From our headquarters in Nairobi, our team of financial sector experts work alongside governments, business leaders, regulators and policy makers to design and build ambitious programmes that make financial markets work better for everyone. Depending on the project, we can provide a combination of grants, investment capital, market insights or technical assistance to ensure we achieve our objectives.
We focus our work where the need is greatest, and where we believe the potential for impact is the most significant. We have a specific mandate to invest in breakthrough, innovative ideas that we believe can have a transformative impact. By sharing risk with our partners, we’re able to address more difficult, persistent, or higher-risk challenges, in more unstable or fragile geographies, than traditional development finance organizations.
Senior Manager, Campaigns and Partnerships
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
Director Strategic Communication
The Senior Manager of Campaigns and Partnerships and Advocacy (Senior Manager) is a new role, designed to help us create and implement our vision for engagement and partnerships with a focus on the Green Continent Campaign. As we move forward with our new organisational mission, vision, values, our growing engagement, partnerships, and advocacy portfolio reflects our increased focus of a greener financial sector in the continent, which will result in increased flow of investments in green finance that will redefine and power a new sustainable economic development agenda in Africa. The incoming Senior Manager will report to and partner with the Director of Communications and Engagement and work closely with the Communications team—to identify and prioritize opportunities for FSD Africa’s external engagement, and they will support staff, leadership, and board members in their involvement with these activities, ensuring that our involvement is well-executed, evaluated, and fully-realized. The Senior Manager will also directly build, nurture, and monitor working relationships with key partners to ensure innovative, impactful partnership and advocacy initiatives and platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Engagement to recommend, shape, and carry out a shared vision for engagement, partnerships, and advocacy that will amplify FSD Africa’s mission, vision, and values.
- Develop and coordinate campaign plans and timelines and support management of the campaign budget, including creating relevant procurement documents.
- Create and update campaign messaging on the Green Continent Campaign.
- Provide event management support, liaising with partners on global events and activations.
- Develop and manage an external engagement strategy for key partners, creating impact reports and ensuring regular communications and feedback mechanisms.
- Develop campaign-related communications materials including outreach materials, talking points, video scripts, website and social media copy, press releases and other multi-media content as needed.
- Coordinate the Communications Pillar work on green finance with pillar teams, internal Green Finance Working group, partners, press office and other service providers (graphics, copywriting etc.).
- Support FSD Africa in building and nurturing strategic partnerships at the regional, continental, and global level
- Develop ideas for programmatic efforts and provide leadership to implement them, including campaign support, policy advocacy, capacity building, and movement building.
- Monitor policy activity related to the Task Force on Nature Related Financial Disclosures, African Green Finance Coalition, Green Finance, Climate Finance and Natural Capital and related campaigns supported by the FSD Africa.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the most effective strategies and current thinking around advocacy, partnerships, and engagement work in the financial sector fields and lead staff and board in incorporating this information into their work.
- Partner with Communications colleagues to align activities across communications, advocacy, and partnerships.
- Support staff and other partners in identifying and executing partnerships and advocacy efforts that are aligned with FSD Africa goals and outcomes.
- Identify key events for participation.
- Work with the pillar teams to monitor progress toward pillar-related campaign outcomes.
- Represent FSD Africa at appropriate meetings and events and activities.
- Develop and maintain effective media relations in support of the FSD Africa and its programs.
- Analyse, interpret and develop solutions for complex policy issues that impact the organisation; work to influence public policy that benefits the organis
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in roles in public policy and advocacy, public interest issues in financial sector, climate, nature, stakeholder relations, campaigning, or public affairs, with prior success in the non-profit, finance, or UN
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convey complex development concepts and recommendations in a clear and persuasive manner that is tailored to a range of audiences.
- An engaging storyteller who can influence and inspire action among a wide range of audiences. You have experience leveraging these skills to support or lead the creation of speeches, presentations, digital content, media relations, and events.
- Skilled in working across cultures and geographies, with the ability to communicate effectively with audiences of various backgrounds and perspectives
- Proven ability to organize high-level events, both in terms of content and logistics.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines is required.
- Understanding of different communications tools.
- Excellent knowledge of international media, social media tools and applications.
- Demonstrate success in developing and executing advocacy strategies across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability of effective outreach and monitoring.
- Proven networking skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels, including senior management.
- Demonstrate experience and success in working with senior executives to provide strategic counsel, clearly articulate ideas, and successfully navigate differing points of view.
- Proven ability to shape messages and stories for media placement.
- Proven ability to coordinate multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Communications or campaigns experience
Applications are welcome on or before 5.00pm EAT on 29 July 2022