Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Head of Logistics the role of the Logistics Planner is primarily to coordinate the efficient and effective operation of the organization’s fleet so as to optimize revenue growth and sales.
The scope of this role entails ensuring all fleet operations run smoothly by managing Quality assurance checks and timely delivery of goods to customers and supervisory as it includes oversight of the maintenance team, fuel team, and Tyre team. Ultimately, the role manages the flow of movement of goods from suppliers to the customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring variances in logistics performance against targets on a weekly basis in order to advise on remedial measures
- Overseeing the planning and optimization of the movement of all vehicles (including returning vehicles) within the fleet.
- Monitoring of all fleet vehicle turnaround times and ensuring superior customer experience and customer reliability in Logistics.
- Overseeing the tracking team duties and ensuring accuracy in the tracking reports.
- Acquiring more and new product information and knowledge. Must be well versed with the product being distributed.
- Ensure accuracy in terms of data and record management within the logistics department.
- Negotiate to fetch the best supplier charges on parts as well as good quality standards.
- Ensuring proper loading and offloading of product and overseeing delivery.
- Track product usage within the company and generate consumption reports based on that.
- Implement best-in-class policies, procedures, and practices for the transportation of the product to the clients.
- Is responsible for maintaining all the logistic or transportation-related records in the organization.
- Verify supplier and service provider statements to ensure no variances.
- Ascertain the different credit window periods that have been granted.
The preferred candidate must have:
i) Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering from a recognized institution.
ii) Fleet management software knowledge (Added advantage)
iii) Minimum 4 years of work experience in a busy logistics department dealing with transportation, where 2 years are in a supervisory role.
iv) Proficiency in MS office
v) Good knowledge of fleet management software
You will fit best in the role if you:
-Are a natural leader: You inspire your teammates to stretch themselves, challenge their assumptions, and constantly improve
– Visualize the path to the goal: You are highly strategic and understand how decisions are made. You can take in multiple inputs simultaneously and make decisions with imperfect information.
– Are agile and are willing to adapt to a fast-paced environment
– Wear multiple hats: You can see problems from different perspectives and can balance competing demands – sustainability and quality.
– Are you a strong negotiator and have networking skills?
If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit your CV and cover letter by 23rd July 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org