Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we’ve impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
- Featured in Forbes: How Ethical Is Your AI?
- Sama Honored on Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies — the Inc. 5000
About the Role:
The Leila Janah Foundation is focused on addressing the issue of youth employment in Kenya and Uganda, where young people struggle to find jobs that pay a fair living wage. The Leila Janah Foundation supports job creation through its ownership stake in Sama, the leading impact sourcing company that has employed over 50,000 low-income people. Our entrepreneurship strategy is centered around the Give Work Challenge, a business plan competition that helps launch and grow small businesses in Kenya and Uganda. The Give Work Challenge is designed to address two key problems faced by East African entrepreneurs — the financing gap and a lack of mentorship and support. We are looking for an agile and creative project manager who is not afraid of exploring and charting new heights in order to help grow the Give work movement. As we expand to into ew impact demographics, we are seeking a leader who can identify gaps in the solutions for youth unemployment and help support new ideas that will stir economic growth for youth in East Africa.
- Support the shaping of specific program strategies.
- Undertake appropriate research, analytics, formulation and testing of hypotheses, and partner engagement to improve program outcomes.
- Manage venture portfolios from end-to-end, including: model, milestones and reporting.
- Support in Monitor venture operations through day-to-day coordination, analysis and review of data, field visits & problem solving.
- Provide technical and managerial support to teams and partners on the ground.
- Represent foundation in forums that help Develop new partnerships, build long strategic relationships.
- Support promotion of the Give Work Challenge program including use and utilisation of digital media channels.
- Support in documentation of reports and presentations for various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related discipline; MSc/MA is a plus
- 3+ years work experience in program management or project management.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal – Deliver. Period. – Trust & Transparency – Customer First – Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.