Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ADVERTISEMENT: MIS OFFICER (NAWIRI)
Under the general guidance and direction of the Research and MEAL Specialist; the MIS Officer will be expected to support the NAWIRI Programme by providing trainings, supporting material and sparring on Information Communication Technologies (ICT) including, e.g. mobile data gathering, digital services, SMS, voice, data visualization, devices and other technology tools for the supported consortia organization. He/She will assess and analyze ICT4D training needs. Provide capacity building (training, coaching, on-the-job support, etc.), remotely or on-site, to staff and partners in ICT4D-related areas to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT4D applications. In most circumstances, the post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity building existing county programme staff. The MIS Officer will have a key role in establishing and promoting programme quality and innovation, which will be achieved through developing and improving monitoring, evaluation, impact assessment and learning methodologies.
The role will be responsible to ensure end users are trained on data collection and manipulation, in turn increasing efficiency of users and maximizing on the business potential, where informed decisions are made through excellent data analytics and reporting. Ensure all appropriate staff are properly trained on the use of the system, including training end users on reports, dashboards and insights garnered from the data and where necessary develop manuals/training materials.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Maintain a program database and ensure that the databases are updated regularly.
- Support the research and MEAL specialist and MEAL officers in the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation and reporting.
- Support the Research and MEAL Specialist in development of Monitoring and data systems.
- Train project and county team members on their Monitoring and data responsibilities and how to use the tools developed.
- Collect data, undertake analysis and prepare reports on existing initiatives and solutions.
- Capture lessons learnt from various programs and share resources with other partner and donor where possible.
- Conduct data analysis, present, and disseminate information to inform programme management. Seek solutions for more complex data management requirements by working with IT colleagues.
- Analysis against the performance indicators and targets on periodic basis
- Update and share monthly reports from the programme database.
- Analyze existing GIS and other map based technologies to improve the visual display of data in NAWIRI programming.
- Prepare MIS reports on an annual basis or as relevant including case studies as appropriate working with the Research and MEAL Specialist and project lead as well as program teams through proper channels
- Act as thought leader on the use of IT to provide marginalized men, women and youth with opportunities to prosper, promote skills development and have a voice in the development of their communities
- Developing systems to monitor data quality, routinely analysing it, and addressing issues that arise with the support of Research and MEAL Specialist.
- Configuring the MIS and data dictionary in consultation with key stakeholders
- Collect complaints and feedback during field activities and ensure that these are shared with MEAL officer to be updated on the CFRM database
- Escalate complaints and feedback of a serious nature to REALM Specialist and Field Office child safeguarding focal point.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (with possibility of extension)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Lodwar
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Economics, Bio statistics, , Social Science, Computer Science or Project Management.
- Diploma in IT with a bias in Database Development will be an added advantage.
- Certificate in M&E is a plus.
- Proven experience of undertaking analysis of both qualitative and quantitative research using relevant software such as STATA or SPSS, Tableau and ATLAS.ti (to be assessed)
- Excellent skills in data visualization using different software including ONA, Power BI etc
- Good communication skills in English and Kiswahili. Local language preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in INGO’s and or UN Agencies in developmental or in humanitarian programmes, with 3+ years in field postings, and 3+ years working for an international agency on management information systems development.
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Strong technical expertise including passion for handling large amounts of data and transforming it into compelling visualizations that facilitate analysis and decision-making.
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate statistics and the ability to summarize, generalize, and make predictions from large data sets.
- Strong information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in IT/computer skills (including sound MS Excel, Ms Powerpoint and Ms Word proficiency).
- Problem analysis, judgement, handling ambiguity and decision making based on fact and figures
- Technical expertise in various data analysis software and proven experience using mobile technology for data collection with experience of electronic data collection using tablets or other devices.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the use of ODK for digital data collection, ONA and power BI for analysis and visualization is a must.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with statistical/graphical software or geo-spatial software.
- Proven experience with current technologies, such as web-based data management and analysis tools, digital data collection, mapping, Google applications, data visualization, interactive dashboards, etc.
- Experience in building iterative learning systems or feedback loops and approaches in human-centered design are strongly valued.
- Field experience in developing practical, useful, timely monitoring systems, both at the program- and county-levels that promote use of data for adaptive management and learning.
- Experience with ICT hardware, mobile phones and web-based technologies, particularly designing or deploying tools appropriate to limited-bandwidth or sub-standard infrastructure environments.
- Comfort working with qualitative and quantitative methodologies for data collection and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience working in multicultural, multi -location, values driven teams.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles.
- Good analysis and report writing skills
- Experience working in arid and semi-arid land (ASAL) settings preferred.
- Experience in open source, mobile and emerging technology is extremely desirable.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience in producing clear and simple reports, including charts & graphs, for end-users
- Experience working with complex/large USAID funded project and familiarity with USAID/FFP M&E guidance and requirement is an added advantage
- Experience of managing private and international donor funded projects
- Experience of training and capacity building
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Closing Date: 29 Jul 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.