Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sexual Exploitation of Children (SEC) Projects based in Nairobi, Kenya
full-time, for an initial period of one year with the possibility of an extension
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH NL) is an international child rights organisation committed to stopping child exploitation.
Our Vision: Terre des Hommes Netherlands works towards a world where all children have a decent life and can grow up to be independent adults. A world in which children are no longer exploited. We will continue our work until this is accomplished. Our Mission: Terre des Hommes Netherlands prevents child exploitation, removes children from exploitative situations, and
ensures these children can develop themselves in a safe environment.
Our vision and mission are inspired and guided by international human rights instruments and standards, in particular the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Council of Europe’s Lanzarote Convention, the International Labour Organisation Conventions and aligned with achievement of the SDGs, in particular Goals 5, 8 and 16.
In Africa, Terre des Hommes Netherlands is currently working in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Madagascar and remains committed to working in other geographical locations across Africa where child exploitation issues may arise.
In Kenya, TdH NL programmes are implemented in Central, Rift Valley, Coastal, Western and Northern regions of Kenya where we collaborate with other CSOs and networks in the execution of projects aimed at preventing child exploitation and providing assistance to exploited children and youth.
Objective of the function
The Programme Officer (PO) will be responsible for providing substantive technical, project, and administrative support in the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the SEC projects within TdH NL in line with defined objectives and quality KPIs. The PO is
expected to provide technical leadership and support to TdH NL partners to effectively and efficiently deliver projects. He/she will be expected to strengthen good cooperation and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, networks and alliances including but not limited to government, private sector, like-minded CSOs and communities in delivery of all assigned
He/she will act as the point person for the coordination, communication, monitoring, reporting and liaison with the partners implementing SEC Projects in Kenya. He/she will undertake implementation of activities assigned to Terre des Hommes Netherlands in the various SEC projects as well as support partners in implementation of the joint activities as outlined in
individual proposals, results frameworks and work plans. This includes advocacy, capacity development and reflection activities, documentation of lessons, best practices, innovations, challenges and recommendations for adaptive management.
Position in the Organisation
The Programme Officer will work with the country team, and receive direct leadership and supervision from the Programme Manager (PM) to whom he/she will report. He/she will, in close collaboration with the Finance and Administration Officer, MEAL Officer and other team
members; be accountable for the coordination, oversight and delivery of all assigned SEC Projects. This position will be based in Nairobi with travel to the projects’ sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support in effective implementation of projects.
● Liaise with the partners to ensure timely, efficient and effective implementation of projects.
● Monitor and support partners to ensure that programme and finance commitments are fulfilled through quarterly performance management and support supervision.
● Oversee partner capacity development for effective delivery of programmes.
● Provide overall monthly project management, including effective planning,
implementation and monitoring of project outcomes.
● Conduct monthly-quarterly reviews on the progress of the project in terms of time, budget and quality and address any conflicts/bottlenecks/delays.
● Work in close collaboration and consultation with partners in planning, implementation, and reporting of project activities.
● Lead project review meetings and documentation of lessons learnt, challenges and new thinking in implementation of projects.
● Maintain contacts with relevant government agencies, private sector and other key stakeholders for the two projects and act as a link between the actors and the projects.
● Ensure efficient use of resources and that programme and finance commitments as per the partner contracts are being fulfilled.
● Undertake sound tracking of projects progress and risk management using appropriate project cycle management tools as provided by TdH NL.
● Monitor the context of SEC as well as the child protection discourse in Kenya (specific focus on project sites), provide feedback to the project implementation team and advice to the Programme Manager, Country Manager and others as appropriate for decision making.
● Support the partners in development of subsequent years proposals and project documents.
2. Programme results for the partner and programme portfolio
● Support and monitor the partners through regular communications and programme visits and ensure that programme and finance commitments as per partner contracts are being fulfilled. Liaise with the Finance and Administration Officer regarding monitoring of budgets and expenditure.
● Oversee development, review and submission of high-quality and relevant narrative reports including case stories in PRIMAS and external reports
● Ensure that all scheduled partner and project reports such as progress and financial reports are delivered timely and that they are of good quality, according to Terre des Hommes Netherlands’ standards.
● Analyse partners and project reports or received information and compile the necessary reports to the PM for strategic decision making
● Support partners to conduct outcome harvesting for effective reporting of change as a result of project interventions. Routinely support partners to adopt result-based reporting.
● In collaboration with the M&E and Marketing and Communications (MACO) team, coordinate sound documentation of project successes/impact and use that for strategic communication/ dissemination.
● Inform relevant persons/organisations/institutions on support given to project partners, project activities and expected results.
● Maintain the database and regularly update project documentation/ files for reference by all concerned.
3. Capacity building of partners
● AdoptTerre des Hommes Netherlands’ tools in organisational assessment, M&E and capacity building to assess partners’ capacities.
● Identify together with partners on areas for further improvement on management and/ or programme quality of project partner and define frameworks, procedures and indicators oriented towards improved organisational capacity and systems
● Oversee partner capacity assessment and implementation of capacity development plans
● Guide partners, give direction so that they improve on quality of work, efficiency, effectiveness of the desired outputs and sustainability of results.
● Safeguard projects quality by maintaining an overview of supported projects and evaluating the quality of work and results. Ensure that project partners follow the terms and conditions of the signed partner contract; facilitate them to keep track of key factors in project management, implementation and monitoring of results.
● Ensure that all the projects and reports are accurately uploaded, updated and tasks actioned in PRIMAS in a timely manner.
Knowledge and experience
● A Masters degree from a recognized university preferably in development related fields
● Minimum of four (4) years of experience working with INGOs
● Proven experience of working with and managing local partners in delivery of projects
● Demonstrable experience managing multi-projects under different funding agencies
● Experience of writing, reviewing and analysing programmes and reports.
● Profound experience in Child Rights based programming and SEC programming
● Proven experience in building capacity building of civil society organisations and/or local partners
● Experience in managing diverse local and international partners
● Extensive knowledge of and experience in project cycle management, including the use of logical framework, theory of change, performance management plans and other planning tools
● Experience in project financial management and excellent budgeting skills including budget tracking and forecasting
● Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Swahili
● Experience of representing organisations in sub-national, national and international policy discourse including technical working groups
● Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
● Partnership development and management
● Planning, organising, cooperation, performance oriented
● High degree of taking initiative and working independently
● Excellent negotiation and communication skills
● Able to work in a team and promote collaborative working
● Able to set goals and achieve results in line with the goals set
● Exhibits composure and professionalism. Ability to represent TdH NL in Kenya to donors, government officials, other NGOs, other external stakeholders in a self assured manner
● Excellent negotiating and communication skills both oral and written
● Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
Make others enthusiastic and motivate them to achieve a previously defined result.
Encourage others to develop themselves to the full.
Gives others the room to work independently and coaches them along the way.
B. Planning & Organising
The effective alignment of activities, time and resources to achieve objectives.
Coordinates and aligns activities and supports and encourages others in the direct vicinity to start to plan and organise.
C. Problem-solving ability
Actively seek logical, tangible and realistic solutions for problems
Can identify and articulate the core of the problem, can initiate the collection of relevant data and can propose solutions.
D. The power of persuasion
Expressing opinions convincingly, demonstrating interaction and debating effectively, thereby generating acceptance of viewpoints and ideas.
Defends and argues points of view with tact and in a clear and convincing manner while taking another opinion into account.
How to Apply
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae, quoting your expected remuneration by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position, no later than by Tuesday, 26th July, 2022 1500hrs (EAT). The application email
subject should be: Programme Officer – SEC Projects, Kenya. For more information about this position, you can contact us through the same email address.
Note that due to the expected large response, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure will also include an assessment test, and checking of recent professional references