Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high-quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Director, Facilities Management, based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Chief Operating Officer, Aga Khan University Hospital.
Formulation of short and long-term strategies; managing hospitality services programmes, environmental programmes and safety activities to ensure compliance with legal requirements. In addition, ensuring an accessible and safe environment for the patients, visitors, faculty and staff at the Aga Khan University, Nairobi; providing expert advice to the Aga Khan Hospitals in East Africa.
- Plan and organize the deployment of plant & equipment to meet agreed standards and cost-effectiveness and long-term development of the University strategies to ensure safe, effective and efficient functioning facilities and integrated efforts amongst the facility areas/ users.
- Develops strategies, policies and procedures which are measurable and realistic for the Division including hospitality and other services
- Prepares annual budgets for capital and revenue expenditure for the hospitality/ facility division and ensure compliance after its approval
- Ensure managers execute the agreed plans and strategies according to the implementation schedule and see to it that all work instructions and plans function efficiently
- Establish parameters relevant to guidelines to meet division goals while continuously monitoring expenses and key result areas, and implement strategies to meet goals
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Chief Operating Officer and/or Senior Leadership.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelors in Engineering OR BSc. (Engineering)
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Registered with relevant Engineering Body and/or eligible for registration with the Engineering board of Kenya/ Kenya Institute of engineers
- Experience in Facilities Management
- Over 12 years’ experience in ALL Engineering areas, general management and customer service.
- Experience in hospital industry highly desirable
- Innovative and a good team player,
- Good leadership and excellent communicaiton and interpersonal skills,
- Customer friendly and well versed with computer skills.
- Working knowledge of architectural applications
- High integrity
- Good grooming and self-presentation
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi
Organisation: Aga Khan University Hospital Kenya
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: 15/07/2022, 3:57:18 PM
Closing Date: 31/07/2022, 9:59:00 PM