Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
DescriptionJob Title Data Centre Admin
Department/ Division: ICT – Infrastructure
Job Grade: Officer
Reports to: Manager, Data Centre
Direct Reportees: None.
The Data center Admin will support the business to achieve its goals and objectives by using effective, contemporary Engineering practices to achieve strategic objectives. The Data Center Admin is responsible for Monitoring and maintenance of mission critical data center facilities, including electrical and cooling systems. Provide support related to facilities maintenance and upkeep. Day-to-day responsibilities also include monitoring and maintaining the building management systems, responding to alarms, performing routine maintenance tasks related to the infrastructure, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems. Oversees various areas of Data Center Operations; such as monitoring, logging and reports
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- 24×7 facility on-call responsibility
- Work shifts to monitor the Datcenter HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Monitor Branch Server room equipment including UPS’ and Air Conditioners
- Oversee preventive maintenance, site surveys, replacement of electrical and/or mechanical equipment.
- Oversee Datacentre maintenance.
- Oversee operation, installation and servicing of peripheral devices.
- Oversee and assist with equipment start-ups, repairs and overhauls.
- Participate in emergency response and oversee equipment repair.
- Install or oversee the installation of power as per demand and carry out other electrical modifications as assigned
- Maintain data center documentation as assigned i.e. Run Books, layouts and diagrams.
- Prepare Maintenance Window documentation for work to be performed.
- Prepare reports on facility performance.
- Excellent understanding of Low Voltage Power Infrastructures, Standards and Optimal Operating magnitudes.
- Working knowledge of HVAC Systems, Air Handling Units, Computer Grade Cooling Systems, Building Monitoring/Control Systems and Generators.
Key Critical Competencies
- Organization Skills
- Availability and Commitment
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Experience
- Work Experience
- University degree in Electrical Engineering majoring in Power Systems.
- Strong electrical knowledge in LV Switchgear, Operation and Protection.
- Strong troubleshooting/decision making skills
- Experience with UPS Systems, Protective Relays, PLC Control Switch Gear and Generators
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Team player, desiring to be part of a high performance team with dynamic responsibilities
Aug 1, 2022