Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sistema.bio, we are creating value from waste.
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy, reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions and adoption of regenerative farming are critical to ensure a thriving world for today and for generations to come.
We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. Smallholder farmers produce over 80% of our food: our technology and services help them be more sustainable, productive and healthy.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 year relationship with every farmer.
We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity of use, durability and quality.
With a team of about 500 people worldwide, we have reached tens of thousands of farms in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer, and we are growing fast. We are on a mission to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions and transform food systems!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certified BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Your mission at Sistema.bio
You will be responsible for building and executing the strategy together with the Managing Director, as her right hand. No day will ever be the same!
You’ll be in charge of:
- Conducting business relevant research and provide quantitative analysis on data sets to inform strategic decisions
- Scoping and executing strategic projects to support and accelerate the development, growth and impact of Sistema.bio
- Providing ongoing strategic support to leadership, key partners and stakeholders
You will be expected to:
- Write rigorous yet efficient summaries of quantitative and qualitative analysis findings to inform strategy
- Develop and manage project management plans, budgets, KPIs, progress reports and to share learnings to inform decision-making
- Make sure the appropriate meetings follow up is sent, content for key partners and stakeholders is created where applicable
More about YOU
- You have 2 – 3 years experience of business research, business analysis, project management or management consulting experience
- You have experience in leadership, whether it is in a professional, educational or community setting
- You are able to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategy and decision making
- You are passionate about empowering smallholder farmers through climate smart technology
- You have strong professional verbal, written, visual communication and presentation skills
- You are very comfortable self-managing multiple priorities and partners concurrently
- You have the ability to thrive in the face of change and uncertainty and be motivated to drive projects forward
- You have a positive, encouraging, collaborative attitude
It would be a big plus if you also had these qualities:
- Experience in the energy or agriculture sectors
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment in Africa
- Ability to speak French (more to come in West Africa!)
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Global company: At Sistema.bio, you get exposure to working with 3 continents and diverse cultures and people. It’s the opportunity to build an international career and grow as an individual!
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Learning about agroecology and small and medium-scale farmers: We make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely learn about farming and agroecology in general and its importance.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- A team of Do’ers: We are a team of doers. You will get a chance to get your hands dirty and learn on the ground up because your ideas and execution matter.
We’re excited to hear from you. Kindly prepare a structured and clear answer to the three questions that are part of the application process. Only applications that provide relevant answers will be considered.
Location, travel and start date
- Based in Nairobi
- Traveling up to 20% of your time to Central, Mt. Kenya and Rift Valley Region
- Closing date 26th July 2022. The applications will however be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you still need to see we solve humanity’s most important problems
- You should start with our linkedin page for team and activities updates
- Check our Youtube channel: you can see testimonials from customers, mini documentaries and videos of our impact
- Make sure you watch CACA, our prize-winning documentary about how what we do contributes to tackling climate change.
- Sistema.bio is recognised as an important player in the fight against climate change! > Science warns against the need to fight climate change
- SDGs we participate in solving!
- Culture and values – See more about our values here – our teams are made of diverse people who think and care about the environment, and love solving problems to grow together.