Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Uraia Trust is a leading national organization whose mission is to provide quality civic education and empower Kenyans to exercise their civic duty to realize their constitutional aspirations. Per its recently launched Strategic Framework (2021 – 2025), Uraia Trust believes that if Kenya has an informed and empowered citizenry, then Kenyans will be better equipped to take personal and collective responsibility for the country’s democratic transformation. This goal will be accomplished through three outcome
i) an effective ecosystem for continuous quality civic education and engagement
ii) increased responsiveness and accountability in Kenya’s public spaces
iii) develop a national consensus on Utu.
Uraia Trust is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result-oriented individual for the position of Gender Programme Manager on a one-year contract engagement. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, and in close coordination with the Executive Director, the jobholder shall provide effective and efficient coordination of the Women Voices Leadership Programme through a range of actions contributing to the implementation, management and monitoring of programme activities in line with the Uraia work plan.
• Provide leadership and ensure sound management of the programme from the planning to evaluation stages.
• Coordinate and ensure the timely and efficient delivery of programme outputs and products leading to the achievement of expected results.
• Ensure synergy with other related initiatives both at the national and county levels.
• Facilitate smooth coordination of activities of the programme’s implementing partners.
• Monitor and continuously update the implementation plan to ensure timely implementation of the programme activities versus set targets and indicators.
• Coordinate the efficient use of financial resources of the programme, expenditure tracking and progress reporting.
• Lead and coordinate the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences and related activities relevant to the overall implementation of the programme.
• Ensure provision of high-quality information and visibility of the programme activities to the media and timely exchange of information with stakeholders within the programme and outside.
• Ensure timely and proper documentation of the programme implementation process and products produced.
• Document and analyze lessons learnt and advice on strategies and approaches for promoting women leadership on the lessons learnt.
• Facilitate partnership building among civil society organizations, women organizations, political parties, and other national public networks on the implementation of the programme and advocacy of Women Voices
• Ensure effective networking and coordination with other ongoing Uraia projects for a more holistic and coherent approach to programme implementation.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by Head of Programmes.
• A Master’s degree in International Development, social sciences, or a related field from a recognized University.
• Have at least eight (8) years working experience in a related field (civic education, democracy, development, governance) in an I/NGO or a large organization of which at least two (2) years must have been in a management position.
• At least 3 years of experience in managing and implementing gender governance programmes is essential.
• Experience in resource mobilization, communication and financial management skills will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrable experience and understanding of programming issues, project management, and policy work.
• Have practical experience in programme management, monitoring, evaluation, and research.
• Able to work independently to find innovative ways of reaching different publics.
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex issues clearly for external audiences.
• Experienced in monitoring and overseeing large budgets and taking strategic decisions on the most cost- effective solutions for programme implementation.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and coordination skills, ability to determine priorities, and attention to detail are essential.
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player/builder.
• Ability to share knowledge with colleagues and capacity build them.
• Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed.
• High level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
• Ability to work with tight deadlines for report writing/information needs.
• High emotional intelligence, people management, and interpersonal skills; and,
• Ability to work in a multi-sectoral/multicultural team with multiple stakeholders (government authorities, beneficiaries, implementing partners, program staff, development partners) – patience, cultural sensitivity,
and application of contextual understanding in day-to-day work.
• Motivated and inspirational leader.
• Impact-driven, innovative and proactive.
• Team Builder
• Growth mindset.
The engagement for this position will be for an initial contract of one year that is renewable, subject to performance and availability of funding. For more details about Uraia, please see the Uraia Trust website https://uraia.or.ke. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. If your career goals match this exciting position, please forward your application letter and detailed CV, expected salary, contact details, and quote reference number UT/2022/07/14, with the subject ‘Application for Gender and Inclusion Manager’ by close of business on 25 th July 2022 addressed to:
The Human Resource Unit,
P. O. Box 28151-00100, Nairobi
Uraia Trust encourages, promotes, and supports diversity in its work. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.