Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
World Relief International (WRI) is an International Christian NGO which is dully registered in Kenya under the NGO Act and has been implementing projects since September 1999, serving the most vulnerable populations in various counties in a holistic manner. The key thematic areas of WRI programming include: Health & Nutrition; Agriculture & Food Security; Micro finance; Water, Hygiene & Sanitation; HIV; and Disaster Response, Resilience and Building Interventions.
Description of Role:
World Relief will be carrying out a Mid Term Evaluation of the SCOPE RMNCH project in Kajiado West and Kajiado North sub counties of Kajiado County, and will need qualified enumerators to collect Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn & Child Health data by conducting door-to-door interviews based on ODK platform. The survey will take a total of 7 days plus a 2 day (unpaid) training. Enumerators will work under a consultant task to carry out the survey.
Enumerators will be tasked with the following responsibilities
• Visiting sampled households in selected villages to Inquire about a variety of Reproductive, neonatal, mother and child health specific information including a person’s name, age, religious preference, address and state of residency; gather,
• Record and encode information from a survey;
• Get in touch with participants to be interviewed in their own home or office by phone, or in person;
• Recognize and give an account of problems in obtaining data;
• Submit completed tasks to a supervisor and discuss developments daily;
• Review data gathered from an interview through the guidance of data clerks and a consultant to check if they are complete and accurate;
• Help participants in filling out the questionnaires; and find and record addresses and households.
Education and Training Requirements
Individuals interested in the position must hold the following
• At least a diploma in public health, nursing, clinical medicine, social science, community development and any other health related course
• Must have basic computer training especially in excel
• Knowledge of data analysis software will an added advantage
• Those with certificates but have years’ experience working as enumerator in health can apply
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Interested candidates must have the following
• Ability to interview and pay full attention to details,
• Ability to use ODK (smartphone application) to collect data collection platform
• Be able to write effectively to communicate relevant information,
• Must possess an analytical skill to determine whether certain procedures comply with regulatory laws and standards or not;
• Has expertise to enter, transcribe, record, sort or maintain data in written or electronic forms.
• Be of high moral standards and ethical Working Conditions
• Must be physically fit and ready to spend most of their time walking and visiting people’s houses for long hours
• Work in ARID and SEMI-ARID areas with varied climatic conditions
• Ready to look for participant’s even those who are in hard to reach areas,
Remuneration will be on daily rate based on the number of days worked. This will be agreed upon before the start of the work.
All applications (CV & Cover Letter only, in pdf) should be send to: JKatapa@wr.org copy NPesi@wr.org C.O.B 20th July 2022.
World Relief Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit suitably qualified persons.