Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ADDICTION COUNSELLORS (3 positions)
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Through the County Ownership and Networks to maintain Nairobi Epidemic Control (CONNECT) program, CIHEB-Kenya and the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) are working on a collaborative project towards the provision of high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services to select health facilities in Nairobi City County. The project is therefore seeking for suitably qualified persons able to fill the positions of the positions below. The positions will be based at the various county health facilities in Nairobi within the County Health Services Department and mainstreamed into the county structures. These are one year fixed term contracts, renewable based on performance and availability of funding.
ADDICTION COUNSELLORS (3)
REPORTS TO: FACILITY IN-CHARGE
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA
The primary function for this position is to the provision of psychosocial services to patients who suffer from opioid dependence or other drug abuse related behavioral problems. The position holder will manage the psychosocial aspect of MAT clients and create a treatment plan. The addiction counselor will assist patients with the development of personal recovery programs that focus on healthier behaviors and examine the issues related to the addictions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to evaluate their health and substance problem.
- Identifying issues arising and create goals and treatment plans and re-evaluate the treatment plans periodically.
- Provide the clinic with clients’ progress on their treatment plans in the multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Liaise with any additional treatment programs in line with the identified issues from the treatment plan and evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment programs.
- Teaching clients coping mechanisms
- Helping clients find jobs or reestablish their career.
- Leading group therapy sessions.
- Referring clients to existing support groups in the community.
- Meeting with family members and provide guidance and support.
- Ensure smooth coordination with the referring Civil Society Organizations and participate in MAT linage forums.
- Participate in community education and support programs for PWID, as needed
- Participate in the dissemination of nationally developed PWID promotional materials and information.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work or any other related course
- Specialized training in addiction counseling.
- Knowledge in HIV care and treatment
- Counselling skills
- Addiction counseling skills and People who Inject drugs (PWID) care and management experience is an added advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of client centered mental health and addictions interventions, practice methods and professional skills.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 5th August 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “ADDICTION COUNSELLOR“ on the subject line.
The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB) – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.