Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Through the County Ownership and Networks to maintain Nairobi Epidemic Control (CONNECT) program, CIHEB-Kenya and the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) are working on a collaborative project towards the provision of high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services to select health facilities in Nairobi City County. The project is therefore seeking for suitably qualified persons able to fill the positions of the positions below. The positions will be based at the various county health facilities in Nairobi within the County Health Services Department and mainstreamed into the county structures. These are one year fixed term contracts, renewable based on performance and availability of funding.
HIV RETENTION OFFICERS (4)
REPORTS TO: FACILITY IN-CHARGE
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA
The Retention Officer will work with the facility teams to monitor progress related to continuity of care, patient retention strategies and adherence support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine retention strategies, and adherence support mechanisms and participate in the development of strategies to address findings.
- Support facilities to initiate and monitor continuous quality improvement projects for continuity of care, patient retention, and adherence support.
- Ensure that the program case management model is implemented with fidelity.
- Ensure follow-up and retention of priority clients (new clients, transfer in, return to care, high VL, AGYW, GBV, PBFW, and children.
- Supervise and mentor facility adherence officers, peer educators on strategies on continuity of care.
- Ensure that a list of daily appointments, missed opportunities are generated and clients followed up to ensure less than 2% missed appointments.
- Ensure complete documentation of continuity of care tools (registers, FMATT etc).
- Ensure adoption of the Community Strategy implementation for the context of Nairobi County.
- Distributes appropriate job aides, tools and educational material for treatment support staff and counselors.
- Ensure all facilities are implementing DSD and monitoring clients on facility and community DSD.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly/ quarterly updates to the retention specialist on daily/weekly activities and identify challenges so that they are addressed on time.
- Participate in performance monitoring reviews of facility adherence officers.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Diploma in Psychological Counselling, Social Sciences, or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychological counselling, Social sciences is an added advantage
- Training in Adherence Counselling
- Three (3) years’ experience in HIV patient retention at facility level
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication skills
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 5th August 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “HIV RETENTION OFFICER” on the subject line.
The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB) – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.