Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Through the County Ownership and Networks to maintain Nairobi Epidemic Control (CONNECT) program, CIHEB-Kenya and the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) are working on a collaborative project towards the provision of high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services to select health facilities in Nairobi City County. The project is therefore seeking for suitably qualified persons able to fill the positions of the positions below. The positions will be based at the various county health facilities in Nairobi within the County Health Services Department and mainstreamed into the county structures. These are one year fixed term contracts, renewable based on performance and availability of funding.
PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST (5)
REPORTS TO: FACILITY IN-CHARGE
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA.
Reporting to the Facility in-charge, the pharmaceutical technologist will manage the pharmacy, and coordinate all activities of stock and inventory management pertaining to HIV and TB drugs for the site
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure good store keeping for pharmacy drugs, prepare and manage pharmacy inventory.
- Dispense ARVs and OI drugs to patients in the ART program.
- Participate in counselling of patients taking ARVs in order to promote adherence with prescribed regimen.
- Ensure ADT tool is in use and well maintained (in-charge of the pharmacy computer).
- Promote pharmacovigilance activities at the facility, analyze reports as well as forward the reports to PPB/UMB.
- Give the ART clinical team updates on the availability of drugs and pharmacovigilance reports and participate in facility CQI and MDT.
- Develop, review and regularly update the standard operating procedures manual for administration and distribution of ARVs.
- Member of the health facility drugs and therapeutics committee (TDC). Secretary of the Medicine and Therapeutic Committee (MTC) and keeper of the MTC minutes.
- Be part of the clinical eligibility committee to set and periodically evaluate annual department goals.
- Perform any reasonable work related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Prepare site monthly pharmacy reports
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technologist from a recognized institution
- Certified by the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- 1-3 years’ work experience in a busy CCC
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 5th August 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST” on the subject line.
The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.