Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the job
Job Title: Ethics & Integrity Manager
The Ethics & Integrity Manager serves as the organization’s internal control point for ethics and improprieties, allegations, complaints, and conflicts of interest and provides corporate leadership and advice on corporate governance issues. The role primarily will support driving the airline’s Ethics & Integrity direction as part of the Risk Management and Compliance strategic direction, supporting Ethics & Integrity activities and investigations in a business-oriented way and aim to achieve consistency across the organization.
S/he will be responsible for providing impartial services to the management and employees of the organization regarding its policies and procedures related to integrity in the workplace. As such, the Ethics & Integrity Manager provides assistance in reviewing and resolving matters regarding ethics and conduct in the workplace in a manner that contributes to the good governance of the organization and helps to maintain its reputation for probity, integrity, and impartiality.
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance areas):
- Develops and disseminates corporate ethics statements, policies and supporting forms/acknowledgements.
- Provides an internal review of other corporate policies to ensure corporate consistency and integration with the company’s ethics philosophies including integrating the corporate ethics message throughout the corporate culture.
- Oversees the development and implementation of corporate ethics and conflict-of-interest training and conducts ethical decision-making training for senior management on ethics issues and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Promptly conducts investigations pursuant to complaints and allegations of ethical wrongdoing or conflicts of interest including preparing written investigative reports as necessary.
- In conjunction with Legal Counsel, conducts annual corporate governance audits to determine the state of the organization and presents findings to superiors including risk minimization with respect to issues that lend themselves to identity theft.
- Develops and maintains confidential procedures for the handling and processing of complaints and allegations including providing a process for the confidential hearing of employee issues related to the ethics or conflicts.
- Leads Company Ethics and Assurance and is the focal point for the internal reporting of any allegations of Code of Ethics violations, including fraud, corruption, and bribery.
- Liaises with teams in implementing corrective measures/actions as part of case resolution.
- Performs periodic internal control reviews and spot-checks of financial, procurement, human resource, and logistics procedures at both local and international offices.
- Develops monitoring plans and training material as well as performing periodic compliance reviews for stakeholders including partners, vendors, suppliers, etc.,.
- Follows-up to resolution of relevant external and internal audit findings.
- Leads and provides oversight of the company Ethics & Integrity Program to assure compliance with legal, regulatory, policy and ethical requirements impacting the organization.
- Develops, reviews and monitors implementation of the organizations Ethics & Integrity plan/program/policies consistent with emerging best practices as necessary.
- Leads the Ethics & Integrity program, training, and sensitization across the organization.
- Oversees the Whistleblowing platform and process ensure that questions and concerns raised through the platform are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Oversees all Ethics & Integrity-related investigations
- Acts as the Secretary of Ethics & Integrity Committee.
- Appraises the Audit Committee in a timely manner of matters related to Ethic & Integrity.
- Manages the records on reported incidences/cases, initiates investigations when required and reviews the results of investigations.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Degree in law, human resources management, business, social sciences, or any other relevant field.
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional work experience, at least 7 years of which should be in fields related to ethics and corporate compliance as an Ethics Officer, or related position.
- Experience in dealing with the development and enforcement of code of ethics, and or standards of corporate conduct.
- Experience in international organizations and/or multi-cultural environments is desirable.
- Progressive work experience in management of Fraud/Financial investigations, Asset Tracing & Recovery, Ethics & Integrity and strategic operations in the public or private sector.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to inspire trust, and to demonstrate high personal integrity is crucial.
- Ability to listen to others, correctly interpret messages, and respond appropriately.
- Proactive and effective communications skills including the ability to explain complex topics clearly and concisely.
- Customer focus.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Results oriented.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Good organizational skills.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy of your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.