Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Title: Secretary
Grade RL 7
Corporation/Organization Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Directorate Corporate Services
Department Human Resource & Administration
Section / Unit N/A
Location / Work Station Nairobi (Head Office)
Reports to Principal Officer, Human Resource & Administration
Direct Reports N/A
This position is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Oversee administrative and logistical matters to ensure seamless flow of the Commission’s activities;
- Avail office stationery;
- Manage e-office for effective research and processing of information;
- Utilizing office equipment;
- Attend to internal clients and ensure they are satisfactorily served;
- Handle both outgoing and incoming calls;
- Draft responses and correspondence under the guidance of supervisor;
- Safeguard office records, equipment and documents including classified materials;
- Safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system in the office to facilitate ease of retrieval of documents;
- Prepare responses to routine correspondence to ensure timely feedback to the clients;
- Manage office protocol and etiquette;
- Set up meeting rooms with necessary stationery and equipment’s;
- Ensure refreshments are served accordingly;
- Ensure proper office layout, cleanliness and tidiness.
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence; and
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Office furniture and equipment.
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
Office setting with occasional travel
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
KNEC Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution or its equivalent.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certificate in Secretarial Management Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution or Public Relations & Customer Care Course.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Three (3) years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Knowledge in professional standards;
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence;
- High level of integrity and Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work well with teams; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under strict deadlines.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with detailed Curriculum vitae, Copy of national ID, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Details of the positions are in the Commission website.
Upon granting an offer of employment, the successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI); A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report); and
A Valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for
the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 1st August 2022.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, marginalized and minority groups who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.