Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
WEF/HR/2022/3: ASSISTANT MANAGER, LEGAL AFFAIRS –WEF GRADE 4 (1 POSITION)
Basic Pay Minimum Ksh; 85,021 – Maximum Ksh; 128,609 PM
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position holder is responsible for provision of advisory services related to legal and governance issues in the Fund.
(a) Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Implement Fund policies and strategies as regards the legal function and advise the Management on any legal implications likely to arise as a result of their decisions and actions;
- Drawing and interpreting contracts and agreements with service providers and other stakeholders;
- Execute legal based audits as per the annual work plan and give reports;
- Managing court cases including attending hearings and providing recommendations or remedial alternatives for resolution of disputes involving or affecting the Fund;
- Advising on legal, regulatory and governance matters;
- Ensuring safe custody of collaterals and chattels and other organization properties;
- Coordinating issuance of legal undertakings;
- Advising on negotiations and taking part in corporate deals;
- Interpretation of relevant rules and laws;
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the regulatory framework, managing litigations and advising on procedures and legal requirements;
- Offer secretarial services to the Board including custody of Board minutes and ensuring timely preparation and circulation of Board papers/minutes;
- Facilitating Board induction & training, updating the Board charter, Code of Conduct and Ethics, preparation of Board calendar, Board evaluation, and governance audit;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law;
- Master’s Degree in Law is an added advantage;
- Served in a comparable position with at least 7 years relevant work experience in a reputable organization;
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Possession of CPS (K) and membership to the ICPSK is an added advantage;
- Be in possession of a Current Law Practicing Certificate.
(c) Competencies required
- Excellent communication, report writing and interpersonal skills;
- Great negotiating skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Discretion and confidentiality;
- Attention to detail;
- High Integrity, transparency and accountability;
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines.
Further, details on the job & person specifications including applicable basic salaries are available on Public Service Commission’s website www.publicservice.go.ke (In the Jobs category under the advertised jobs section).
Applications clearly marked with the position reference and title and including detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials, day-time telephone number, names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered to the Fund by hand, courier or post so as to reach the address below on or before 8th August 2022 by 5:00 PM.
The Chief Executive Officer
Women Enterprise Fund
11th Floor, Britam Tower
P.O. Box 17126 -00100
After selection, successful candidates will be expected to provide details of their current salary and the following documents: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Clearance from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Women Enterprise Fund is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.