Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
JOB TITLE Talent Acquisition Manager
REPORTING TO Head of HR Business Partnering
DEPARTMENT/UNIT Human Resources
DURATION OF CONTRACT Two Years (Renewable)
DUTY STATION Nairobi, Kenya
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health development organisation, currently implementing more than 150 programs which directly reach more than 20 million people across 35 countries in Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref has fully-fledged offices in Ethiopia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Malawi,
Tanzania, Uganda, Senegal, South Sudan, and Zambia; eleven advocacy and fundraising offices in Europe and North America; and a staff complement of over 1,500. Our vision is to bring about ‘Lasting health change in Africa’, and our mission is ‘To increase sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health’. We believe that the power to transform Africa’s
health lies within its communities, and therefore strive to ensure that health systems are not only functional but that communities are empowered to hold these systems accountable for the delivery of quality and affordable health care.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will support Amref’s efforts of finding and retaining excellent employees. The job holder will be entrusted with an ongoing quest to discover talent, build a strong employment brand and ensure great relationships with both candidates and employees. In addition,
the Talent Acquisition Manager will champion Resourcing best practice and Amref Reward principles.
• Support HRBP’s in developing workforce plans; determining current staffing needs and producing forecasts, including preparation of talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans for countries supported.
• Manage the Recruiting team who are based in Headquarters ensuring appropriate resources to deliver on recruiting needs; ensuring coverage and balanced workload allocation.
• Oversee the adoption and consistent usage of the recruiting process and contribute to the continuous improvement of recruiting practices.
• Maintain thought leadership in next-generation recruiting practices and associated tools.
• As a working Manager, serve as recruiter for certain roles, including providing coverage for recruiters’ absences.
• Oversee Recruiting’s effort for capacity building of hiring managers in the areas of networking, sourcing, interviewing and assessing talent, and onboarding.
• Contribute to the oversight and management of recruiting related projects. Help set project priorities, assign activities to team members and lead identified projects accordingly.
• Promote Amref Health Africa’s diversity, equity and inclusion plans and work with all Amref leaders and HR colleagues to actualize these plans.
• Develop and drive adherence to recruiting guidelines and best practices and update operational and training material.
• Lead employment branding initiatives including career fairs, talent forums and other events aimed at increasing employer brand visibility and expanding talent reach.
• Use metrics to create reports on recruitment effectiveness and identify areas of improvement.
• Provide oversight and monitor team performance. Provide feedback, guidance, and mentorship during regular meetings with each team member.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience of recruiting and working in a high-volume organization with at least three (3) years in a supervisory position.
• Proven experience as Talent Acquisition Manager.
• Experience in recruitment of professional and technical positions.
• Experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and employment branding.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
• Targeted Selection certification or behavioural interviewing training
• Experience in international/global workforce in African context and possess cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to use creative sourcing and networking skills to connect with talent in different professions
• Successful skills and ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and ever-changing multinational organization
• Ability to operate within a geographically dispersed organization
• A deep understanding and passion for recruitment, aware of the latest trends and global talent market
• Demonstrated computer literacy to include experience in tracking recruitment outcomes/metrics
• Must be in full agreement and support of Amref’s Core Values, to evaluate candidate’s motivational fit for the organization.
• Second language such as, French is highly desirable
• Understanding of all selection methods and techniques
• Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
• Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles
• Excellent communicator
• A leader and strategic thinker
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/vacancies/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the
best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be July 26, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.