Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights. CARE’s East and Central Africa (ECA) Regional Office is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. The Regional Office is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations in the region as well as the provision of support to country offices in the region.
CARE USA Core Values Commitment
The Core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The Core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
The Regional Human Resources Officer will support the Global Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) on all administrative related matters and will be responsible for supporting the core HR functions within CARE’s East and Central Africa (ECA) Region. The position may also require providing occasional back-up support for Country Offices (COs).
1. Country Office Support
- In-Country special projects/assignment support as requested by Country Offices
- Work with the Global HRBP to ensure application of Global HR policies and procedures in the COs to promote equal opportunities
- When necessary conduct field visits to COs to review human resources and administrative procedures and support COs in their needs or ascertain human resources requirements
- Constantly review CO local labour laws and ensure compliance in those countries
- Reviews the HR template documents being used in each office to ensure compliance and standardization including employment agreements, contract agreements, staff policies and handbooks
- Serves as point of contact and initial escalation point for questions about policy, procedure, and requirements for local HR representatives in each office
2. Delivery on Regional HR Priorities
With support from the HRBP:
- Provide support on ECA strategic HR priorities
- Develop metric measurement and reporting tools for Regional Management Team discussions on key identified areas; including regional monthly reporting
- Provide support to the Regional Management Team and Regional Leadership Team on HR related issues
- Provide support in tracking key HR Metrics in the region
Support the Global HRBP in the administrative recruitment for international posting ensuring compliance to CARE recruitment procedures and best practices:
- Review all the requisition forms and job descriptions to accuracy
- Coordinate with the Compensation and Benefits team to ensure all new positions are correctly graded through the online system
- Coordinate with HR Services Center for job posting of all international positions
4. Performance & Talent Management
- Coordinate with CO HR teams and Line Managers to ensure onboarding processes for all new international staff and key senior staff is completed including mandatory online training
- Coordinate the administration of the performance management process for international staff in ECA COs
- Support the Global HRBP in managing Global Talent Management Initiatives in COs
- Champion CARE training and learning sites like CARE Academy and CARE Shares
- Ensure all International staff have completed all mandatory training like PSHEA, Safety and Security etc.
- Provide support in conducting surveys and benchmarks that will ensure ECA stays competitive
- Establish networks with Key International NGOs at the national and international level to remain updated with external environment
- Work with the Regional Security Manager to ensure staff visiting the Regional Office receive briefing on country and regional security threats, medical and emergency evacuation procedures
- Support the Global HRBP in ensuring effective rollout of global HR initiatives in COs in the region
- Ensure organograms, contact lists and information flow lines are constantly updated and shared appropriately
- Provide monthly staff census reports for each CO
- Coordinate the development and completion of quarterly Global reports for each office for delivery to HQ HR
- Develop and implement additional components of the HR toolkit and templates for use in the local office
6: Other duties as assigned
- Other duties and projects as assigned
This position has working relations with the following:
Internal: Regional Management Unit, Country Offices, HR Services Center
External: Other INGOs for benchmarking
Travel – Expected to travel at least 40% of the time
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or similar field
- Valid Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM) Membership
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in general HR management in a similar role. Previous work experience with an international NGO is an advantage
- Experience working in a regional HR position is preferred
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently to complete tasks on time
- Familiarity with Employment Laws in the COs within the region
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and service oriented
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to send in their applications that includes a cover letter and updated CV attached as one document to ECSA.Recruitment@care.org with the subject title “Regional Human Resources Officer”. The closing date is 1st August 2022.
Applicants are required to have the legal ability to work in Kenya and while we would like to respond to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.