Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reference Number: CSC-19072022
Employment Type: Full time
Job Grade: 6.01
This role is responsible for coordination of surveillance studies in the pediatric ward (KCH) by ensuring patient safety, confidentiality and study standards are maintained following clinical practice guidelines.
- Head of Clinical Services
- Head of Surveillance
- Field worker
- Senior Field Worker
- Field Worker Supervisor
- Ward Counsellor.
- Manage, monitor and audit of admission procedures, patient care and ensure compliance to clinical care and surveillance SOPs and protocols;
- Provide updates, guidance and oversee performance of consent procedures; ensure completeness and regular updates of consent information
- Review and verify patient admission data, ensure information collection is credible and complete;
- Examine participants flagged for surveillances studies, coordinate appropriate consent procedures;
- Coordinate data quality activities ensuring completeness and accuracy of information pre and post storage;
- Plan, execute and evaluate annual staff training and activities;
- Prepare and submit post training reports;
- Ensure proper documentation, quality control and quality assurance of clinical surveillance research data;
- Monitor ward procedures, research procedures and ensure compliance to study protocols;
- Coordinate surveillance studies including dissemination of study information to all study participants and stakeholders;
- Develop, review and collate observational and surveillance study SOPs and ensure they are approved and implemented; and
- Supervise and guide surveillance team in the execution of daily operations and individual performance.
- Management of approved training budget
- Petty Cash Management
- Degree in Nursing or life sciences or KMTC Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- At least three years’ experience of involvement in clinical trials including trial organization, hands-on work in clinical trials or trials monitoring, with 1 year experience at supervisory level
- Licensed by the Clinical Officers Council or Nursing Council
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices in clinical trials
- Training in GCP and research ethics
- Knowledge in GCP and Ethics
- Knowledge in HTS- HIV counselling and testing.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Teamwork and ability to work with diverse teams
- Strong Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Strong team coordination and Supervisory skills.
- Based at the Clinical Trials Facility in Kilifi.
- Regular travel, including travel outside of working hours, within and out of the country to visit trial sites for site initiation, training and trouble shooting.
- Be available to work flexibly, out of hours if necessary.
- Exposure to patients and materials considered infectious and/or biohazardous.
To apply for this post, you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary. Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 2 August 2022. KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).