Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Assistant Manager, Accounts (Grade 4)NITA/HR&A/04/07/2022- 1 post
Reporting to the Manager Accounts, the job holder will be responsible for all matters relating to efficient, effective and sustainable engagement and utilization of the Authorities financial resources putting in place sound financial management systems development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, formulation of financial strategies, budgeting and budgetary controls, and Financial reports and advising the authority on financial matters.
The Assistant Manager, Accounts is responsible for the following;
- Manage, update and review subsidiary ledgers and reconciling them to the general ledger;
- Ensure supplier and customer accounts are reconciled in monthly basis;
- Ensure proper management of cash through implementation of controls;
- Review bank reconciliation on weekly basis;
- Ensure tax compliance in all operations in all operations;
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and manage statutory audits as well as implement the agreed upon internal audit recommendations;
- Analyze customer credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved;
- Maintain book of debtors, debts accounts and monitor payments and update records and periodically reconcile their accounts;
- Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection and advising management on creditors the need to be written off as bad debts or deal with liquidators and collection agencies; and
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history and purchase activity.
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience with at least four (4) years’ experience in management;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Management, Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferably (Finance or Accounts option) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution;
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K);
- Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Management Course lasting not less than our (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mode of Application
For details on job description and specifications of the above advertised positions, visit our website http://www.nita.go.ke. Candidates are also required to download and duly fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF. NO. NITA /HR&A/F/33 from the NITA website.
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Oﬀice, email, or by hand delivery, clearly stating the position and job reference number on both the cover letter and envelope , together with a detailed CV, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates, Copy of National Identity Card, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by 8th August 2022 ,5.00 PM (East Africa Time) to:-
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY
P.O BOX 74494 -00200
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present Originals of the following documents during interviews:-
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials
- NITA is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on Fair Competition and Merit, Representation of Kenyan diverse communities and Aﬀording equal employment opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.