Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Assistant Manager, Human Resource (Grade4) NITA/HR&A/03/07/2022- 1 post
Reporting to the Manager Human Resource & Administration, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Authority has the right and sufficient human resource to meet its objectives. They are responsible for management of the Human Resource Function; including formulation, periodic review and implementation of HR policies; compensation and benefits; staff training and development (competent and productive workforce); employee industrial relations; and performance management.
The Assistant Manager, Human Resourceis responsible for the following;
- Coordinating, formulating and implementing HR strategies, policies rules, regulations, and systems for the Authority;
- Overseeing human resource planning and development;
- Overseeing the Identification, designing and implementing of training programs based on identified needs;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development programmes;
- Providing guidance on development and updating of the human resource database;
- Overseeing staff induction and on-boarding programme;
- Coordinating, reviewing and implementing the Human Resource Career Guidelines;
- Supervising effective administration of the payroll system;
- Reconciliation of staff complement and establishment;
- Ensuring preparation and compiling staff deductions done outside the payroll;
- Managing employee relations programmes and ensuring staff discipline is maintained;
- Supervising the update of the human resource database in the Authority;
- Drawing a plan for the annual performance target setting in the Authority for review by management;
- Coordinating issues of staff welfare;
- Managing human resource internal communication and HR information management systems;
- Secretary to the Training Committee;
- Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations related to health & safety, HIV/AIDS, Alcohol and Drug Substance Abuse, Gender and Disability Mainstreaming and other requirement in working environment;
- Preparing and submitting all statutory deductions;
- Processing pension claims;
- Managing staff separation; and
- Supervising, training and developing staff under him or her.
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
- A minimum period of ten (10) years in relevant work experience and at least Four (4) years in supervisory role in a position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Equivalent qualifications;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other relevant qualifications;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Higher Diploma in HRM/CHRP professional qualification;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Good Communication skills;
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
Mode of Application
For details on job description and specifications of the above advertised positions, visit our website http://www.nita.go.ke. Candidates are also required to download and duly fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF. NO. NITA /HR&A/F/33 from the NITA website.
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Oﬀice, email, or by hand delivery, clearly stating the position and job reference number on both the cover letter and envelope , together with a detailed CV, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates, Copy of National Identity Card, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by 8th August 2022 ,5.00 PM (East Africa Time) to:-
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY
P.O BOX 74494 -00200
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present Originals of the following documents during interviews:-
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials
- NITA is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on Fair Competition and Merit, Representation of Kenyan diverse communities and Aﬀording equal employment opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.