Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Cook (Grade 11) NITA/HR&A/29/07/2022- 3 posts
Reporting to Hospitality Officer, the job holder will be responsible for maintaining clean sanitary and comfortable environment, ensuring that cleanliness and maintenance standard are met and that the work of all housekeeping staff and ensure that the standard operating procedures are followed. Maintaining a float budget for conference facility and planning, organizing and scheduling visits guest.
The Cook is responsible for the following;
- Proper storage of foodstuffs;
- Setting up buffet service areas;
- Placement of foods in serving line;
- Replenishing of foodstuffs during service;
- Detecting defective equipment and reporting the same to the supervisor;
- Curving, slicing or otherwise portioning cooked foods to ensure effective portion control and optimum utilization of foodstuffs;
- Reporting supply shortages or low stock levels; and
- Detecting and reporting spoilt or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment or other unusual conditions and recommending corrective action.
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
- Possession of the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a mean grade (D+) Plus or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Have attended a course lasting not less than one (1) year and awarded a certificate in Food Production or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Mode of Application
For details on job description and specifications of the above advertised positions, visit our website http://www.nita.go.ke. Candidates are also required to download and duly fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF. NO. NITA /HR&A/F/33 from the NITA website.
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Oﬀice, email, or by hand delivery, clearly stating the position and job reference number on both the cover letter and envelope , together with a detailed CV, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates, Copy of National Identity Card, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by 8th August 2022 ,5.00 PM (East Africa Time) to:-
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY
P.O BOX 74494 -00200
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present Originals of the following documents during interviews:-
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials
- NITA is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on Fair Competition and Merit, Representation of Kenyan diverse communities and Aﬀording equal employment opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.