Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the Role
The Sales Manager – Corporate & Key Accounts will be responsible for driving sales of Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and KuzaPro insect based animal protein (BSF) to Corporate and Key Accounts across Kenya. The role holder will be based in the western region of Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the exponential growth in key account and corporate sales revenues by more than 10x in the next 1 year.
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen the relationships between the company and corporate & key account farmers for the sale of both conventional and certified organic fertilizer.
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen the relationships between the company and large & medium scale feed millers for the sale of insect based animal protein (BSF).
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen the relationships between the company and medium to large scale farmers for the sale of insect based animal protein (BSF). Focus should be on aquaculture, chicken and large-scale pig farms.
- Refine the problem-led sales approach to raise the decision intelligence of Key Account and Corporate clients.
- Understand the needs of corporate and key accounts, and work with the in-house Agronomy and or insect protein research teams to find solutions for those issues.
- Manage revenue collections to minimize risk to the organization
- Lead the planning and execution of crop-specific sales strategies that include partnering with associations/agencies/corporate partners to grow sales in specific high-potential crops: avocado, coffee, tea, potatoes, maize.
- Lead special projects that will open up sales of fertilizer and animal protein.
- Degree or higher level education in an Agricultural related course
- Previous experience in significantly scaling up agri input sales
- Over 3 years’ experience in consultative B2B selling
- Aptitude for numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of agricultural inputs market for medium, large and corporate players
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Willingness to travel outside of Nairoibi.
- Valid driver’s license and min. 2 years driving experience
Sanergy/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.