Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are on a mission to empower people and businesses, by making it easier to trade in Africa. We are a high-growth tech company that builds fulfillment infrastructure for e-commerce and consumer brands. We work with logistics providers, consumer goods suppliers, financial institutions, payment networks, warehouse providers and regulators so businesses who run on Sendy don’t have to.
Join our team of over 300+ employees enabling 10’000s Fulfillment Sellers and retailers DO MORE. We are currently in Kenya, Uganda, Côte d’Ivoire & Nigeria, and looking to expand into 3 new markets in Africa by the end of 2022.
Why you should join our team:
We see you, accept you for who you are & create meaningful work
We are building a world-class design organization and you’ll get to work with and learn from team members with a wealth of expertise and experience.
We want you to feel valued, safe and accepted for who you are and to help us build a culture of true belonging. At Sendy, we are all different, and that is our strength. We draw our diversity in who we are, our experiences, and how we think. To create products that serve everyone, we believe in including everyone to DO MORE! We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable workplace.
Our flexible working culture
You get autonomy and flexibility to build a style of working that is optimal for you. Our hybrid working model allows you to split your working hours, ensuring that our people can integrate their commitments and interests outside work to their thriving careers for a sustainable Sendy. We want you to love what you do, so be sure to discuss this with us during the recruitment process.
Our people’s total wellbeing is a priority for us, to this end our wellbeing, reward and health programs are designed to allow you to come to work feeling your best self. We have a range of options to keep you covered, whether mental or physical wellness, or preparing for the next big milestone in your life – monetary, academic or lifestyle. Click here to review the comprehensive total rewards at Sendy.
About the career opportunity:
Directly accountable to the Credit Manager and working together with the Financial Services & Lending teams to implement Lending and collection strategies, ensure credit upselling, visit customers to validate concerns, give feedback & proposals on how to better improve collections, and propose measures on how to reduce fraud on a continual basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation and support the FS credit upselling processes and strategies i.e Onboarding, Evaluation ,credit awarding, subsequent communications and reporting.
- Actively participate in AR management by generating & reviewing aged debtors balances and thereafter creating action plans or undertake follow ups on a daily basis.
- Following up on the already identified AR problem areas and get proactive feedback from product or other teams.
- Maintain Interest generator tool and Work together with the rest of the Lending team to ensure accurate interest generation and subsequent posting on customer accounts.
- Build communication regarding charging of interest to customers.
- Serve as the Lending teams facilitator for any mass communication to customers such as SMS’s, emails by ensuring communication is in line with SENDY’s external communication policy.
- Send communications to the targeted parties.
- Actively participate in developing reports consistent with the Lending teams changing needs
- Generate, prioritize customers to call in a timely manner and work together with team members to develop call scripts.
- Develop and maintain call analysis reports.
- Actively participate in the implementation of collection and lending policies such as Properly authenticating, categorizing and escalating issues experienced by clients.
- Visiting customers to authenticate claims purported to interfere with repayment patterns.
- Accurately filling in weekly/monthly reports pertaining to collections and communicating observations for review.
- Identify customers’ or partners needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
- Resolve customer,partners, salesforce complaints through consultation with Tech and other departments within an acceptable turnaround time.
- Any other tasks assigned by management.
We know you are the best because you have:
- Diploma or degree in Business or its equivalent.
- Working knowledge in lending and collection.
- Proven experience as a lender, collector or a similar role.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills
How shall we know you are winning in this role?
At Sendy, we focus on outcomes and this allows you to DO MORE!
Tip: To land this gig, please include details of how to:
- To ensure smooth operationalization of Financial services customer facing activities
- To improve compliance daily interest charging
- To ensure generation of interest income.
- To ensure appropriate monitoring of all loans granted.
- To ensure that loans are paid when they fall due.
- To ensure that customers are objectively communicated when their loans fall into arrears.
- To ensure compliance with provisions of financial services SOP on credit provision.
- To ensure that all risks inherent in the process are identified and mitigated.