Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Chemonics International Inc. implements the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project for the provision of technical assistance and related services. The GHSC-PSM project supports the following health program areas: HIV/AIDS; Malaria; Family Planning; and Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child, and Adolescent Health. The goal of the GHSC-PSM project is to ensure that there is a well-functioning supply chain management system in Kenya that provides an adequate, safe, affordable, and reliable supply of health commodities.
Chemonics seeks a Clearing & Delivery Specialist to support the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Kenya. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID: 1) procures and provides health commodities; 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain; and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Clearing and Delivery Specialist is responsible for providing day-to-day oversight on the policies and procedures related to delivery and clearance of GHSC-PSM procured health commodities, monitoring and liaising with local and international freight forwarders to ensure project objectives are met.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
As Clearing and Delivery Specialist, is responsible for the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure timely processing of import and export permits/certificates in accordance with the Kenyan Law.
- Coordinate with the local freight and logistics providers, Deliver/ Return teams to prepare supporting documents required for timely customs clearance.
- Support coordination with the USAID Mission to obtain necessary approvals for the importation of donated products into the country.
- Receive and review documentation prior to shipment to ensure compliance with the purchase order and with import/export requirements in the country of destination/origin.
- Verify the delivery of imported products, once cleared, from the sea/air/ land port to our designated plants and/or warehouses.
- Monitor shipment progress to provide overall visibility including final delivery date visibility.
- Update vendor shipping instructions and international shipping instructions as needed.
- Support the development and submission of continuous quality improvements on incidents related to international and local freights of GHSC-PSM-procured products.
- Coordinate with local GHSC-PSM project counterparts as needed to ensure sharing of key information.
- Prepare appropriate reports on national custom clearing events that will affect product importation.
- Maintain a repository of approved GHSC-PSM import approvals and Proof of Delivery.
- Prepare periodic reports with respect to customs clearance section’s activities and deliveries.
- Coordinate with USAID on the processing of PPB import permits and IDFs by MOH and create daily PPB status reports as well as maintain an updated tracker of submitted documents to USAID and when they are received back at PSM.
- Serve as a consultant to the Kenya Mission in reference to the Tax Exemption/Waiver process
- With guidance, answer any commodity/composition/technical queries raised about products by the PPB, the Ministries, etc.
- Work with the supplier’s Local Technical Representatives (LTR’s) in relation to the importation of their products into Kenya including follow up on registration and retention certificates, letters of no objection etc.
- Oversee inventory and insurance process if/when there are damaged products.
- Work with contracted 3PLs to coordinate deliveries.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, procurement, supply chain or business administration
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant professional experience in health care supply chain management
- Knowledge and understanding of Kenya’s regulations on importation and customs clearance of medicines and health supplies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Clearing & Delivery Specialist” in the subject line to KenyaTransitionRecruit@chemonics.com by August 03, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/