Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Food for the Hungry-Kenya, a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the position of a C-SAFE Coordinator. (C-SAFE- Community System for Accountability and Feedback, is a system that provides an opportunity for all community members, including program participants, to give feedback and complaints to FH about our work).
|Job Title: C – Safe Coordinator||Location: Marsabit|
|Region: Africa – Kenya||Expat Post Status: N/A|
|Reports To: Program Director /Country Director||Deadline for applications: 3rd August 2022|
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
To lead the implementation of the country’s C- SAFE while working directly with: Programs, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL), Risk Management and Compliance Unit, Safeguarding Lead, in-country Safeguarding Focal Point (may supervise 1-2 C-SAFE staff)
Key result # 1 – C-SAFE Implementation
- Serve as lead implementer of C-SAFE standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensure document is updated annually or as new programs are added to the country portfolio
- Provide gender responsive and sensitive materials
- Ensure feedback channels and operation costs are budgeted for in proposals
- Ensure data quality of C-SAFE database, including sex disaggregated data
- Produce or review all C-SAFE related communication materials
Key result # 2 – Capacity Building
- Train new staff on C-SAFE accountability principles and the country C-SAFE procedures
- Supporting program C-SAFE Focal Points
- Ensure every program has active feedback channels and that proper procedures are followed
- Specify the C-SAFE-related activities that need to be captured in SOPs for program activities (i.e. cash and voucher SOPs)
- Prepare and deliver quarterly staff sensitization on improved delivery of projects based on learning from feedback received
Key result # 3 – Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure proper documentation for all feedback
- Add all feedback to C-SAFE database
- Ensure the feedback loop is closed for all cases
- Ensure regular reporting is conducted on C-SAFE data for all programs and at country level
- Classify feedback between Grades 1-6
- Follow the required procedures for all feedback received, according to Grade
- Prepare bi-weekly feedback list for program team review for Grades 1-3
- Prepare monthly C-SAFE report and send to Program Director (PD)
JOB LEVEL SPECIFICATIONS
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excellent inter personal relationship
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Ability to write well organized reports and other official correspondences.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Superior organizational skill and should be a good listener.
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must \Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in social work/community development / project management or related discipline plus 4 years’ experience working with children and the vulnerable in an NGO set up.
Accountability to program participants. FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Safeguarding Policy FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 3rd August 2022.
This is an urgent position so shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and interviews will be done on a short notice.
NB: While we value every person applying for this job, please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contactedNB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive and may be changed at any time.