Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The International Institute for Legislative Affairs (IILA) is a not- for- profit organization that works closely with Policy making institutions, Government Departments, Members of Parliament and other stakeholders in the legislative process to draft and advocate for pro- people policies and legislation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Finance and Admin Officer (F&AO) will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties categorized as either financial or administrative support. He/ she will take full responsibility for strategic financial management function of IILA; including and not limited to budgeting, financial resources mobilization, maintenance of accurate accounting records, reporting both internally and externally in a
timely manner. The candidate will also manage administrative functions of the organization so as to ensure that its operations run smoothly.
FUNCTIONS OF THE FINANCE AND ADMIN POSITION
The Finance and Admin function of IILA covers Finance & Accounting, Administration and Human resource. Some of the specific functions entail:
▪ Progressive development and implementation of IILA policy on Finance, Admin and HR
▪ Co-ordination of financial planning, budget preparation, execution and
▪ Accounting services; including processing of payments, control of usage of funds, maintenance on bank reconciliation records and management of petty cash.
▪ Monitoring the use of funds as well as financial reporting
▪ Administration of Human resource matters- including recruitment, induction,
placement, promotion, discipline, retirement, administration of payroll, management of personnel records in liaison with relevant government authorities.
▪ Admin duties- including front desk, management of office supplies and co-ordination of clerical duties
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
✓ Advise CEO and officers on all budget and finance matters;
✓ Liaise with programme officers in preparation of annual, periodic and project workplans and budgets;
✓ Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting as per the terms of ILA’s contractual agreements with donors;
✓ Set up and administer accounting and administrative systems, processes and procedures as required by the organization, donors and as per statutory requirements.
✓ Establish systems and procedures for the efficient management of the organization and its records.
✓ Ensure maintenance of accurate and complete accounting records
✓ Ensure continuous management of cash flows
✓ Institute and enforce controls over ILA’s assets and financial resources,
✓ Ensure preparation of timely and accurate financial reports as per management, donor and statutory requirements
✓ Coordination of internal and external audit processes
✓ Provide financial guidance in fundraising; including but not limited to constant donor liaison, timely extraction of fundraising budgets, attending meetings with donors, participate in funding negotiations and reporting meetings.
✓ Ensure maintenance of a comprehensive fixed asset register and that all assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses arising from fraud, waste, extravagance, inefficient administration, poor value for money purchases, etc.
✓ Set up of reliable financial and procurement policies and guidelines and ensuring efficient and effective implementation of the same
✓ Providing support to programs; financial or otherwise from time to time Such other related responsibilities that may come up and/ or may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
▪ Minimum Bachelor of Commerce degree, with a major in Accounts/Finance
▪ CPA (K)
▪ At least 5 years’ experience with at least three years working within an NGO/CSO setup
▪ Training in project management
▪ Active member of ICPAK
Proven track record in general strategic financial planning including, but not limited to:
▪ Systems development and implementation
▪ Costing and cost control
▪ Budgeting and budgetary control and brand profitability management
▪ Financial reporting
▪ Cash management
▪ Taxation expertise
▪ Decision making skills and problem solving
▪ Relationship building and maintenance
▪ Staff management skills including discipline and training
▪ Communication and interpersonal skills
▪ IT skills
▪ Team work
▪ Ethics and integrity
Remuneration will be according to IILA salary scale and policies.
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should immediately forward their application, consisting of cover letter and CV to the CEO, International Institute for Legislative Affairs at email@example.com . Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.