Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Assistant Manager – Audit & Asset Tracing
This role is responsible for overseeing supervision of the investigators carrying out lifestyle investigation, staff vetting and background checks in the unit.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Assist in development, review and implementation of frameworks, policies & procedures for Vetting & Lifestyle Audit unit.
- Review of prepared preliminary investigation reports to identify cases for Lifestyle Audit
- Oversee Collection & evaluation of information that will enable assessment of whether the lifestyle of the officer is consistent with the known sources of income.
- Oversee surveillance, identification and Asset tracing activities in respect of lifestyle audit process.
- Liaise with relevant Multi- agencies e.g. Asset Recovery Agencies/ EACC, ODPP for purpose of safeguarding and preserving illegally acquired assets.
- Supervise identification of other criminal actors/ associates and new leads during Lifestyle Audit process and guide investigators
- Collaborate with other relevant agencies for collection of data and information relating to lifestyle audits.
- Review completed Lifestyle Audit cases with necessary recommendations to the Manager for appropriate action.
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Manager Audit and Asset tracing
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Carry out day-to-day operations and supervision of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Facilitate initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
Decision Making / Job Influence
Reviewing completed files and making recommendations to the Manager for appropriate action.
III. Working Conditions
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor degree in Law, Social Sciences, Finance or Commerce from a recognized university.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Ethics, Certificate in Criminal/Fraud Investigations.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Four (4) years of progressive work experience with one (1) at supervisory role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Results driven and analytical
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Technological ability
- Process management
- Tax business understanding
- Tax fraud and investigation
- Tax legislation
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)