Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Assistant Manager – Customs & Excise
This role is responsible for implementing the framework for Customs & Excise intelligence analysis and converting intelligence briefs/summaries into profiles/reports for review and approval.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Implementation of policies, procedures and frameworks to facilitate the process of Customs & Excise intelligence analysis and production
- Reviewing the Supervisor’s performance targets on a regular basis and provide support in achieving the targets.
- Other roles as may be tasked by the Manager, Customs & Excise Intelligence analysis and production.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Day-to-day operations, supervision of performance and development of staff in the unit.
- Generate unit work plans and strategies with the team and forward to the manager for review and approval.
- Identify sectors, industries and other risk areas requiring analysis and reporting relating to Customs & Excise
- Manage analysis of field intelligence briefs and summaries shared by the Intelligence Collection sections.
- Review of critical KRA Customs/Excise systems and procedures likely to cause revenue risks and prepare management report for action
- Review the completeness of intelligence briefs/reports and identifying Information gaps for further collection.
- Ensure quality of the intelligence output and disseminate appropriately for action or information
- Review intelligence profiles/tactical/strategic/system review reports from supervisors and officers for review and approval
- Identify training needs, and recommend officers for training in the relevant courses.
- Undertake management and operational reporting
- Implement work plans for corporate initiatives in the unit including: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Implement the unit work plan and budget.
- Promote initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
- Financial Responsibility
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
Operational decisions in analysis and production of Customs & Excise intelligence;
- Working Conditions
Office & Field setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, social sciences, Information Technology, Business from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields is an added advantage.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Possession of relevant professional qualiﬁcation(s), Membership in Management professional bodies, Intelligence Management and Post Graduate degree in Customs is an added advantage.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least four (4) years progressive work experience in the areas of taxation, risk management or intelligence management
- At least one (1) year at supervisory role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Demonstrated Knowledge in analysis.
- Leadership and people management skills
- Technological ability
- Risk management and analysis
- Emotional skills and intelligence.
- Possess good organization, planning and analytical skills.
- Focused and result oriented individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)