Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Manager – Intelligence Collection – Western Region
This role is responsible for coordinating collection of both Customs & Domestic Tax intelligence from various sources and converting it into intelligence briefs/summaries, for purposes of submission to the Analysis & Production section. The role is also responsible for developing and implementing effective intelligence gathering frameworks and strategies geared towards enhancing revenue collection.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and frameworks to facilitate the process of Customs and Domestic tax intelligence collection.
- Develop strategies, objectives and implement work plans for Customs and domestic tax Intelligence collection.
- Identify training needs, training partners and recommend officers for training in the relevant courses.
- Identify appropriate resources; financial, technical and human, for efficient Customs and domestic tax intelligence collection.
- Setting and reviewing the unit’s performance targets on a regular basis and provide support in achieving the targets.
- Manage the process of recruitment of quality informants/informers to ensure reliability and accuracy of information received.
- Other roles as may be tasked by the Chief Manager, Intelligence Collection- Western & Rift Valley Region.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Day-to-day operations, supervision of performance and development of staff in the unit.
- Develop and implement unit work plans and strategies with the team and forward to the manager for review and approval.
- Co-ordinate identification of sectors, industries and other risk areas requiring intelligence collection relating to Customs and domestic taxes
- Manage the activities of field intelligence officers/supervisors to ensure adequate collection of intelligence for improved quality of intelligence.
- Review field intelligence briefs and summaries for dissemination to the Analysis and Production office.
- Ensure quality of the intelligence output and disseminate appropriately for action.
- Co-ordinate covert operations with multi-agency teams to curb tax evasion/illicit trade as assigned by the Chief Manager.
- Generate/Review tactical/operational reports on emerging tax evasion schemes.
- Undertake management and operational reporting
- Implement work plans for corporate initiatives in the unit including: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Promote initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
- Financial Responsibility
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
Operational decisions in intelligence collection and identification of tax fraud schemes to mitigate revenue loss.
- Working Conditions
Office and field setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Law, Public Administration, Management, International Relations, Economics, Business, Finance or related disciplines from a recognized University.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields is an added advantage.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Possession of relevant professional qualiﬁcation(s), Membership in Management professional bodies and Post Graduate degree in Tax & Customs Administration is an added advantage.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least five (5) years’ progressive work experience in the areas of taxation, risk management or intelligence management.
- At least two (2) years in a leadership role.
- Experience in a financial sector will provide an added advantage.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Demonstrated Knowledge in intelligence collection.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Emotional skills and intelligence.
- Possess good organization and planning skills.
- Focused and result oriented individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with multi-agency stakeholders.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
You must be logged in to post a comment.