Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Kenya /Technology – Technology Development /Permanent
Who We Are
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis – by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
About the Team
With plans to grow the largest forestry company on the continent, Technology Development is a critical driver of operations and strategy at Komaza. We believe in having powerful mobile platforms that puts farmer, tree and mapping data into the hands of our front-line field staff – helping us plant more trees faster with more farmers and better outcomes. You’ll be part of a small team that functions independently & with ambitious plans to create, improve and leverage better technology for Komaza. We are looking for a highly-collaborative, analytical and innovative to build this future of tech at Komaza.
About this Role
Reporting to the Senior Test Analyst, and based in either Kwale or Kilifi, Kenya, you will support product improvement efforts, ensuring that the products and features launched in the field are working seamlessly, meet the needs of our users and provide critical insights to improve our products.
What You Will Do
- Develop new testing structures while continuously improving existing infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and run software application testing procedures during each phase of product development according to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Be the last line of quality control for our products by testing features to ensure that they meet both user needs and design requirements.
- Develop test scripts and perform test executions for all integrated systems.
- Report defects, issues, and problems that occur during the testing process in the bug tracking system and follow up for resolution with the development team.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative research to generate critical insights about our products.
- Write articulate reports on technical assessments.
- Triage and troubleshoot when the systems go down and run additional tests before products are issued for deployment to users.
- Collect and summarize user feedback from the field on both functionality and user experience.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative analytics and tools such as Mixpanel to capture insights into the feature/product performance on a regular basis.
- Develop Knowledge Management documentation and run training for the non-technical field staff on how to use technology and troubleshoot issues.
- Liaise with the field teams to ensure they use the applications effectively.
- Create a knowledge base system based on known issues and bugs for fast issue resolution.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or any relevant degree.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in mobile and web application testing with experience working with technology in remote areas.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into training and guides for non-technical staff.
- Experience with agile development and a good understanding of the software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, defect tracking, and reporting).
- Experience in various bug tracking tools e.g. Jira, Freshdesk, etc.
- Familiarity with SurveyCTO.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other RDBMS is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in automation testing using tools such as Cypress or Selenium.
You Are Also
- Motivated and excited to work in a startup environment that is dynamic, unbureaucratic, and embraces change.
- Self-directed and intellectually curious – you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Growth-obsessed with a strong desire for personal development.
- A collaborative problem solver who seeks the opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems.
Great vision without great people is irrelevant, Jim Collins wisely stated. If you share Komaza’s vision and want to help make it a reality, apply today! We offer a competitive remuneration package and an opportunity to further your career.
Komaza is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.