Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Making Cents International is recruiting two Focus Group Facilitators to support a youth in agriculture-focused assessment in Kenya. Programming support will include preparation for and implementation of in-country work. The Focus Group Facilitator will travel as a member of the Assessment Team, which will split its time between the capital and other locations in Kenya.
Role of Focus Group Facilitator
The Focus Group Facilitator will provide research support to the team in preparation for, during, and after in-country work. The Focus Group Facilitator’s tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Review relevant background materials prior to the start of the in-country research.
- Participate in all team meetings and briefings.
- Participate in training in coordination with the Assessment Team.
- Facilitate focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Take and provide notes for focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Code notes for data analysis as necessary.
- Complete other appropriate tasks as assigned by Team Leader.
Proposed Level of Effort
Maximum Level of Effort will be 1.75 days, with a majority of the LOE taking place during the in-country work phase of the assessment (including Saturdays). The Focus Group Facilitator must be available at all times during the field work.
Fieldwork is tentatively scheduled to begin July 2022.
- Resident of Kenya.
- Proficiency in English and Kikuyu.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least six (6) years’ relevant experience or Master’s degree and at least one (1) year’s relevant experience.
- Experience supporting field research activities in Kenya, including experience as a focus group discussion facilitator.
- Knowledge of the youth and agriculture landscape in Kenya.
- Experience with international donor-funded projects.
Making Cents International is a results-driven small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.