Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Company
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the Role
We currently seek to recruit a Factory Supervisor (Crew Lead) to support in the operations of the Factory. The role holder will be based in Kinanie, Athi River Machakos County
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow weekly shift plans and daily set production schedules to execute all assigned tasks as per the work instructions
- Performing Autonomous Maintenance tasks on the assigned equipment. These are industrial filling machines, greenhouses, motors, chain-belts, hoppers
- Lead scrum meetings in your sections
- Proactively propose to your supervisor possible solutions to challenges affecting productivity, quality, health & safety in your work area
- Lead workmen at your section to resolve agreed issues
- Report your sections performance against set production schedules to your supervisor on a daily basis on the established platforms
- Training new or existing operators on equipment operations and execution of daily tasks
- Work with other section supervisors to ensure that processes run in sync as per the production schedule
- Resolve misunderstandings and report unresolved issues with suggestions to your Supervisor or talent partner
- Have cordial interactions with the community as you do your work
- Participate in new improvements initiatives as assigned by your supervisor
- Conduct scheduled Gemba/factory walks in your area/section to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Coach fellow workmen and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect and/or challenges/variances in the line of their day to day duties.
- Experience in leading line staff/factory staff (2 years)
- At least 2 years of experience in the operations of factory machinery with motors and hydraulic systems
- Diploma or degree in a technical field or biological science-related discipline
Sanergy/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.