Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
About the Company
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
Operational since 2011, Sanergy collects and treats over 50,000T of residual organics per year, and successfully sells its agri-inputs to farmers in over 40 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. Our work is pioneering climate action in Africa – we offset nearly 50,000T of carbon per year and we have big expansion plans to scale this impact. Our goal is to expand across Africa and Asia, safely processing 1,000,000T a year of waste and more than 1,000,000T of carbon emissions offsets per year in the next decade.
For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa,by Earthshot Prize as a Finalist a and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the Role
Sanergy is looking for a strategic and innovative Procurement & Warehouse Manager to effectively lead and own execution of projects within the Warehouse and Procurement functions at Sanergy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and own execution of projects in both warehouse and procurement functions (supply chain).
- Develop the relevant project management frameworks within procurement and warehouse teams.
- Coach the warehouse and procurement teams to adopt and use these frameworks.
- Use project management frameworks to ensure that each purchase request in the organization is executed on time, in full and error free. This spans across sourcing, invoicing, delivery, payment and reconciliation in the relevant ERP platform.
- Responsible for converting the Sales and Operations Plan into a clear Procurement and Inventory Plan that adequately balances the level of inventory and the overall accounts payable balance
- Responsible for implementing and reporting on the procurement plan.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of the accounts payable plan
- Responsible for standardizing all procurement and warehousing processes. This includes development of the relevant documentation, training and managing implementation.
- Lead problem solving through formal methodology (Root Cause Problem Solving) across both Warehouse and Procurement functions. Propose and implement both corrective and preventive actions
- Collaborate with other teams (Engineering, Quality, Research and Development) as needed to execute and land improvement projects.
- Overall program manager for both Warehouse and Procurement related initiatives. This include (but not limited to) team structure design, standardization, cost reduction or other proc/WH related initiatives.
- Responsible for developing regular (and ad-hoc) quantitative (using formal methods) and qualitative analyses on Proc/WH related initiatives, projects or issues – with the aim of driving to conclusions/recommendations that maximize profitability
- A relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred
- Proven project management experience in a fast paced environment. Start up experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven track record in a high paced environment and managing at least 5 reports.
- Proven purchasing experience of equipment, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience managing multiple functions within an organization
- Proven experience in using analyses to solve problems.
- Self & Relationship Management
- Confident, rounded thinking and is self-aware and proactively contributes to the team
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
Sanergy/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
You must be logged in to post a comment.