Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Company
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer/Technical Writer who will work on the design and construction of East Africa’s largest organic recycling facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop detailed FMEAs for various equipment
- Develop detailed maintenance manuals to repair breakdowns for various equipment
- Develop critical spares list
- Develop and refine AM and PM schedules to improve equipment reliability
- Coordinate with the requesting teams in conducting Preventive Maintenance, resolving Breakdowns, operator assessments, and training.
- Maintain a cordial working relationship with teammates
- Work with existing vendors within the established relationship or expand to find other vendors in India to source for various components
- Share ideas on how to standardize and improve maintenance data and processes
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance of processing units, equipment, waste treatment facility
- Demonstrated working knowledge of how maintenance operations are excuted on site
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the operation of boilers, pumps, drying units, rotating equipment, conveyors, blowers, material transfer vehicles and Control Systems is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in leading FMEA, Root Cause Analysis and developing detailed maintenance manuals for all types of equipment
- Experience in operating factories in the waste sector is preferred
- Experience in commissioning various mechanical and electrical systems
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Sanergy in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
Sanergy/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.