Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Company
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions through our Fresh Life entity. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organic recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- Fresh Life partners with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, the Sanergy group serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as part of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach
About the Role
We are looking for a visionary Talent Director of Fresh Life, our sanitation innovation company, who will lead an exceptional, mission-driven team, provide leadership to our Talent team and guide our Talent strategy across Kenya. The role holder will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with a commitment to regular travel to our facilities in Kisumu and future Kenya offices. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Duties and Responsibilities
- Talent Strategy & Planning
- Craft a clear and inspiring Talent strategy to support a team that will grow from 300 to 1,000, as our impact grows to serve 1M people across Kenya with inclusive and high-quality non-sewered sanitation services by 2026
- Drive planning and implementation across Kenya, helping business leaders achieve strategic priorities and ensure our teams remain engaged and motivated to achieve results
- Lead annual strategic planning for the Talent function and set impactful Talent goals and measures of success that support business objectives and propose action plans to execute against them
- Track progress towards overall Talent goals, provide updates to the Managing Director to ensure that Talent plays a leading role in driving overall business objectives
- Collaborate with the Managing Director to communicate annual objectives throughout the organization and to support execution by building a culture and processes for recognition and accountability
- Spearhead the delivery of impactful Talent initiatives, implementing continuous improvements for service enhancement at both national and county office levels
- Inspire the team to keep work moving forward by balancing competing priorities, making effective decisions, and generating innovative ideas in support of our teams and business objectives
- Leadership, People & Culture
- Model leadership behaviors and our values to build a positive, thriving team culture that enables a rapidly growing, high-performing team to succeed
- Guide business leaders in building an effective organizational structure that both empowers and nurtures a culture of accountability so that we are executing towards our goals
- Develop and coach a team of leaders empowered to lead strategy, people, and implementation in each of their domains towards shared goals
- Provide leadership and support to the Talent team to own and execute on their domains across Recruitment, Learning & Performance, Culture & Engagement, Talent Management and Talent Operations
- Support your team to problem solve and course correct as circumstances change, balance competing priorities, and make effective decisions to keep work moving forward towards outcomes
- Motivate and coach your team to position themselves as strategic partners to the business, keeping them accountable for work quality, timeliness, and impact
- Represent Talent priorities at the leadership table, proactively raising issues and making clear and persuasive cases to support your recommendations for action
- Systems and Processes Design & Improvement
- Design, Build and continuously improve any necessary systems and processes to ensure that the Talent team provides an exceptional customer experience to its internal customers
- 10+ years’ experience as a HR Generalist or in other relevant operational senior leadership roles
- 3+ years’ experience as a Senior Talent Manager leading designing and implementation of talent strategy and HR operations
- Critical and analytical thinking skills; ability to work with both large and limited amounts of data to develop strategy and make rigorous decisions
- Demonstrated experience in managing country-wide teams with diverse professional development needs
- Commercial acumen with proven ability to grasp how Talent impacts business objectives
- Strong negotiator, with a proven ability to lobby for Talent agenda
- Highly organized with a high capacity to problem solve and establish priorities for self and team
- Ability to inspire confidence and instill trust both internally and externally
- Proven success in building strong and effective people centric teams
- Demonstrated passion for the organization’s mission, values and customers
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
Sanergy/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.