Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Purpose and Key responsibilitiesJob purpose
- Assists in the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission-critical enterprise systems
- Assists in the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications as well as investigates and analyses the feasibility of system requirements and develop systems specifications.
- Assists and ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist with support activities.
- Assists in developing new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Assists in performing troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes maintains, and manages users’ UNIX accounts. Installs modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission-critical host computer resources.
- Follows procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature, and user abuse.
- Follows procedures, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Assists in developing and coordinating project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Assists in developing tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support, and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
Key Performance Measures
● As described in your Personal Score Card
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Degree in science/Engineering/Computer Science
- Extensive programming background in any applicable language
- ITIL intermediate
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in a 24×7 service provider environment
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimise output and profitability against time, cost and team targets;
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation;
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated;
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate;
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture;
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimise operational effectiveness;
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making;
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff;
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organisational impact;
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management;
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering;
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Improve service delivery for clients;
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts; for example, ability to use the route command, administer routing and remote access service, and modify deployed group policies
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (e.g., Perl, Python, VBScript, Windows PowerShell)
- Programming experience in any applicable language
- Ability to deal tactfully with employees and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of services.
- Detail oriented and process focused
- Self-motivated, self-starter who works well in a fast pace, growth orientated entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
Unposting Date: 05-08-2022