Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a leading national Faith Based Organisation (FBO) of Protestant churches’ health facilities and programmes from all over Kenya. Established in 1946, CHAK has a goal of promoting access to quality health care. CHAK is looking to recruit a Project Monitoring & Evaluation &Learning Officer responsible for carrying out and implementing integrated M&E systems for USAID Jamii Tekelezi Project as well as gathering lessons learned to inform program quality improvement activities. S/he will be key person for regular compilation, verification, storage, consolidation of program data and giving verifiable real-time information to program teams for decision making.
The position will be domiciled in any one of the 4 project counties of Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Embu or Nyandarua.
Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager the key responsibilities include:
- Collection, verification, collation and reporting of all data sets required for USAID, MOH and CHAK reports. This encompasses data cleaning and uploading to CHAK/iSTREAM , DATIM, CPMIS and Partner portal on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Conducting routine data quality audits (DQA), provision of targeted feedback to improve data quality and follow-up on data quality improvement plans (DQIP) in all the supported sites.
- Takes lead role in promotion and scale up of EMR Point of Care (POC) model at county and facility level
- Provide support for the rollout and maintenance of electronic medical records in the Nyandarua County
- Collaboration with County/sub-county Health Management Teams (C/SCHMTs) in roll out and implementation of case-based surveillance (CBS) activities in priority facilities
- Working with beneficiaries and Consortium partners to develop a beneficiary feedback mechanism for timely decision making, and improvements to programming through collaborative, adaptation and learning approaches;
- Taking lead role in county/sub-county/facility data review meetings and ensuring the accompanying narratives are valid, reliable and accurate
- Capacity building of project, partners, MOH and grantees staff on quality data collection, analysis, dissemination and use of health information at county and health facility levels for program planning and management
- Identification of case studies and human interest stories for inclusion in periodic progress reports to the donor, CHAK and stakeholders;
- Ensuring county project activities are compliant with the approved work plan and that project results are aligned to the project monitoring plan; also contributes to development of project strategies; work plans and budgets
- Cultivating positive relationship with government counterparts, program partners, sub-grantees, and other relevant stakeholders
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biostatistics or Epidemiology, health informatics, Information Science, or other relevant health-related or from an accredited university.
- A Masters’ degree in epidemiology or biostatistics will be an added advantage
- Experience of at least five (5) years in Monitoring and Evaluation in PEPFAR programs
- Proven experience in survey and research tool design, data collection, statistical analysis,
- qualitative research, and dissemination of results
- Experience in the use of PEPFAR programs M&E systems and platforms like DATIM, KHIS2 and
- KenyaEMR, to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring of M&E activities with CHMTs
- Understanding of Kenya Health Systems
- Expertise in MS office suite – Excel, Access & PowerPoint), Data visualisation tools like Power-BI
- Expertise in the use of Statistical tools like SAS, Stata, R or SPSS
- Strong knowledge and experience in supporting Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) processes
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com on or before 3rd August 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does neither charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process**
You must be logged in to post a comment.