Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Ref. No.
Environmental Health and Safety Officer
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Environmental Health and Safety Officer within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Head of Administration and Property and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of EHS programs and processes, including but not limited to regulatory compliance, emergency preparedness and fire protection, risk assessments and safe working procedures for all types of activities, environment and sustainability, and crisis management.
- Ensure 100% compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements and maintain compliance framework up to date.
- Lead certain assigned aspects (technical, regulatory/third party interface, reporting, permitting, compliance, financial, administrative, etc.) of projects and permits in compliance with relevant regulatory programs and corporate policies.
- Evaluate facility EHS conditions, assess risks and develop appropriate corrective-action plans and budgets to address deficiencies in comparison to regulations and internal policy/protocol.
- Participate in EHS compliance and program audits.
- Drive improvements in EHS culture, awareness, and accountability.
- Plan and conduct EHS training.
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and develop corrective and preventative action plans.
- Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance and programs.
- Assist in responding to significant incidents and government requests/notices.
- Interface with environmental, health, and safety regulatory agencies as needed
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Bachelor degree in Environmental/Mechanical/Electrical Science from an accredited University.
- Professional certifications (NEBOSH, IEMA, etc.).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Environment, Health & Safety.
- Regulatory knowledge and experience working with regulations covering occupational health, energy audits, emergency preparedness, environmental requirements, and waste management.
- Proven project and program management skills.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 28th July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.