Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – V/FT/106/2022 – 6 POSTS
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, the Administrative Assistant job exists to manage phones, emails, scheduling appointments and planning meetings at KUTRRH
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Keep records, mails, parcels and file and distribute all inward and outward correspondence to ensure timely delivery of documents and information in the hospital.
- Store, arrange, index and classify records to facilitate easier reference and thus smooth running of office activities in the hospital.
- Retrieve documents and files from their storage facilities and move them to the appropriate destinations in the hospital.
- Move documents, parcels, other hard office information and physical assets within and without the offices in the hospital.
- Provide administrative support within offices by moving things around and about, being sent to run errands within and without the hospital.
- Implement and manage filing systems and maintain both electronic and paper-based files in the offices to ensure timely retrieval and data integrity in the hospital.
- Control movement of people and goods within and among departmental offices for safety and security of officers in the hospital.
- Prepare rooms and venues for meetings by moving, arranging and cleaning seats and tables, public address and organize and deliver refreshment to their attendants in the hospital.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- Diploma in Business Administration or a related field from a recognized Institution.
- Computer Proficient.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Record keeping skills.
- Office management skills.
- Knowledge of office operations.
- At least three years working experience as an Administrative Assistant in a reputable organization.
Soft skills required for the Job
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to observe confidentiality
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form, and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY