Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
HEALTH RECORDS INFORMATION OFFICER – V/FT/110/2022- 3 POSTS
The Health Records & Information Officers’ job exists to compile, process, and maintain patients’ medical information and records within the framework of medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and maintain patients’ medical records and information to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research or cost control and care improvement efforts in the hospital.
- Compile medical care and census data for statistical reports on diseases treated, surgery performed, or use of hospital beds in the hospital.
- Provide safety and security of medical records and information and ensure that confidentiality is maintained in within and without the hospital.
- Review patients’ medical records and information for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations in the hospital.
- Resolve or clarify codes or diagnoses with conflicting, missing, or unclear information by consulting with doctors or others or by participating in the coding team’s regular meetings in the hospital.
- Identify, compile, abstract, and code patients’ data, using standard classification systems in the hospital.
- Release patients’ records and information for use by the relevant persons or agencies in the hospital according to the established regulations.
- Train medical records and information staff in the hospital in order to improve their performance and productivity in the hospital.
- Prepare statistical reports, narrative reports, or graphic presentations of patients’ clinical information and data for use by staff, researchers, or other stakeholders in the hospital.
- Provide research and training on health records and information management in the hospital.
- Mentor and guide junior staff and students in the health records and information management unit of the hospital.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or a Bachelors’ degree in Health Records and Information Management from a recognized institution.
- Higher Diploma in Health Records and Information Management is an added advantage.
- Registration with the relevant professional body.
- Valid Practice License.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Proven track record of research and training in a reputable institution.
- At least two years working experience as a Health Records & Information Officer in a reputable health facility.
Soft Skills Required
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form, and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY